We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Attic vent fan on thermostat  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Aegis

Attic vent fan on thermostat
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:37:23 am »
Anyone have a solution to replacing these types of fan thermostats?  I have two of these that I cannot reach without climbing over a blower or crawling through a crawl space.  The sensor must remain in this location due to needing to be at the highest & hottest place in the house roof, but I would like to bring the control to both thermostats to a more convenient location and of course ideally into my Vera Plus.

I could probably turn the thermostat down to make it pass current at the lowest temp and then use a regular Zwave switch that is triggered using an Ecobee remote sensor in place of the standard wall switch on the circuit, but then I would still have to get up there to replace the battery in the sensor from time to time so will have to figure out an AC powered temp sensor.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:06:32 am by Aegis »

Offline kigmatzomat

Re: Attic vent fan on thermostat
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:55:55 pm »
The aeotec multisensors can be USB powered. I wouldn't want a generic transformer in my attic but you could mount a USB/110 outlet in a covered box and drill a small hole for the USB cable.

Offline hsmaier

Re: Attic vent fan on thermostat
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:30:08 am »
Anyone have a solution to replacing these types of fan thermostats?  I have two of these that I cannot reach without climbing over a blower or crawling through a crawl space.  The sensor must remain in this location due to needing to be at the highest & hottest place in the house roof, but I would like to bring the control to both thermostats to a more convenient location and of course ideally into my Vera Plus.

I could probably turn the thermostat down to make it pass current at the lowest temp and then use a regular Zwave switch that is triggered using an Ecobee remote sensor in place of the standard wall switch on the circuit, but then I would still have to get up there to replace the battery in the sensor from time to time so will have to figure out an AC powered temp sensor.

I have two attic fans and use RANCO ETC-111000 Digital Cold Temperature Control to control both of them

Available on amazon

Howard
Vera 2 U14, Vera 2 U15, Two Trane TZEMT400AB32 Thermostats. Insteon Light Switches, Insteon Outlets, Power Linc Modem.