Author Topic: Program Logic 8.19 (Next Gen) released  (Read 18373 times)

Offline JJ10

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Program Logic 8.11 (Next Gen) released
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 03:45:46 am »
RTS is aware of the motion sensors triggering not working in 8.11, and has already setup a fix for it. (and other issues).I'm sure it will be released as soon as MCV reviews it. Everyone having problems with PLEG, please give RTS a little time to fix things. Unlike MCV he is very aware of user issues and responds quickly. Most of the problems with PLEG were caused by MCV. RTS is only trying to correct them. That is my observation anyway. If I did not have PLEG my Vera systems would be totally useless to me.

Hi Bill,
I just found your post and the reaction from RTS about this issue. Thanks for your update/reaction.

Kind regards

Offline paros

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2016, 05:40:00 am »
My PLEG was totaly reset with this new version (everything I have made with PLEG has dissappeared).
I have no custom backups for PLEG, need advise!

I got this message: Program Logic Event Generator : Install Program Logic Core Plugin
Then I uninstalled and reinstalled PLC.

UPDATE: It seems like the data is available under Advanced: ConditionMap / ObjectStatusMap / Actions / etc

How do I restore this and how do i get rid of the error message?

Anyone?
I have alot of errors if I press Ctrl + Shift + J in Chrome.
But what is relevant?

Offline daemondazz

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2016, 06:02:27 am »
My PLEG was totaly reset with this new version (everything I have made with PLEG has dissappeared).
I have no custom backups for PLEG, need advise!

I got this message: Program Logic Event Generator : Install Program Logic Core Plugin

Hi Richard,

I am also seeing this error since PLC 8.12 was installed a few hours ago. Going into the Edit screen shows 'Error Reading Data' and the logfile shows:

Code: [Select]
01      07/11/16 19:58:50.263   luup_require [string "module("L_ProgramLogicCEE", package.seeall)..."]:400: unexpected symbol near '[' <0x76c1f520>
None of the PLEG logic is working.

Offline daemondazz

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 06:04:37 am »
UPDATE: It seems like the data is available under Advanced: ConditionMap / ObjectStatusMap / Actions / etc

As long as you can see all the object definitions in the Variables page, it should be ok. Just don't change anything. Looks like a syntax error is causing PLC to not load which RTS can fix :)

Offline JDL

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 07:59:44 am »
Program logic Core autoupdated itself this morning, since when there's a status bar at the top of the window reading "Program Logic Event Generator : Install Program Logic Core Plugin"

PLC  is installed. Removing it and reinstalling makes no difference. Uninstalling PLC and PLEG and reinstalling both makes no difference. Powering off the Vera and restarting makes no difference.

PLEG cannot be armed. Entering the editor gives a popup reading "Error reading data" I can create new triggers but that's all; I cannot create conditions nor actions.

Offline paros

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2016, 08:58:33 am »
Program logic Core autoupdated itself this morning, since when there's a status bar at the top of the window reading "Program Logic Event Generator : Install Program Logic Core Plugin"

PLC  is installed. Removing it and reinstalling makes no difference. Uninstalling PLC and PLEG and reinstalling both makes no difference. Powering off the Vera and restarting makes no difference.

PLEG cannot be armed. Entering the editor gives a popup reading "Error reading data" I can create new triggers but that's all; I cannot create conditions nor actions.

It's probably the same problem that i describe in a earlier post: "Program Logic Event Generator : Install Program Logic Core Plugin"
All settings inside PLEG is removed (in my case)

Offline daemondazz

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2016, 09:21:16 am »
It's probably the same problem that i describe in a earlier post: "Program Logic Event Generator : Install Program Logic Core Plugin"
All settings inside PLEG is removed (in my case)

The settings are not removed, the PLEG device is just not able to be instantiated so it can't show you anything. Look at the Variables tab on the Advanced page and you'll see the settings are all still there.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2016, 09:40:02 am »
I released a bad file, and have resubmitted, waiting on Audit.

There was a way to test installation of a release before submitting for Audit in UI5 in the App Store. Thats not available for UI7.
MCV informed me of a work around this morning and I will use it in the future.

Offline daemondazz

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2016, 09:53:47 am »
Thanks Richard,

Looks like the update is available already and it appears to be good now.

Offline electnixon

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2016, 10:07:26 am »
I have PLEG 8.11, but I don't have the beta Vera firmware.
After the new PLEG auto-updated, the saving issue is much worse than before.  Previously, PLEG changes made from my phone would not save, but changes made on a computer would.  Now, changes rarely save regardless of which computer or browser I use.  This is extremely frustrating.

It's possible that the new PLEG has nothing to do with the saving issue, but perhaps requires more horsepower and that exacerbates the saving issue.

I attached my relationship graph in case anyone needs a chuckle.

Interestingly enough, if I wait long enough, chrome eventually tells me there was an error saving (attached).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:08:59 am by electnixon »

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2016, 10:26:07 am »
There are options in the graph to show a SUBSET of the data.

Do you have errors saving when you do not go through the Remote Relay servers ?  (i.e. at home on LAN ?)

I am having problems getting all the right files released ... I am working with MCV on this.
Fixes I expected to be in the release have not made it ... Although I have tried to release them.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:34:03 am by RichardTSchaefer »

Offline electnixon

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2016, 10:40:25 am »
@Richard:
Yes, most of my problems saving on the direct LAN.  I tried this morning using the remote relay and had pretty much the same result.  It does save occasionally / eventually but there is no predicting what will get saved and what doesn't.

As far as the graph, I assume I can drag objects and it will remember the changes ...  once I get the saving issue fixed.  Is the graph configuration saved on the Vera or in the browser?

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2016, 10:47:29 am »
I am having an issue with the drop down style condition editor. It seems very difficult to modify existing conditions and I can't imagine how anyone is using it to create new ones. Is there a secret to editing? I've been unable to cursor out and change anything as I could with the previous version. Is it even possible to modify manually any longer?

Offline paros

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2016, 11:07:44 am »
I released a bad file, and have resubmitted, waiting on Audit.

There was a way to test installation of a release before submitting for Audit in UI5 in the App Store. Thats not available for UI7.
MCV informed me of a work around this morning and I will use it in the future.

After the new release I can confirm that it seems to be working now.
Thanks for the fast response Richard!

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2016, 03:22:42 pm »
Richard, I think I found a bug. Running latest off all.

If I go in "Logic Actions" and select multiple window coverings in "non-advanced" mode and  "close" them all. After pressing save I have 10 (they all doubled). Then I can delete and save it and it stays 5 but not with the "close" state saved. Then when I remove the 5 and "close them" again, repeats. So I am unable to save a desired Logic action to close 5 window coverings to 0.

UPDATE: If I use the Advanced mode, and use "Setloadleveltarget to 0 it seems to save well. some sort of graphical thing?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 03:36:08 pm by Sender »
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)