Author Topic: Program Logic 8.19 (Next Gen) released  (Read 19737 times)

Offline JDFranks

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Program Logic 8.19 (Next Gen) released
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2017, 02:31:56 pm »
Richard. I am just getting around to updating PLEG. Do you still recommend the update be done via the browser window method (http://YourVeraIP:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=3066...etc) or can it now be done thru the "Update app" button?

PLEG 7.47
PLC 7.48
VeraEdge 1.7.2139

Also, a newer firmware (1.7.2406) is available. Should I update the firmware first?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2017, 04:22:13 pm »
The order does not matter ... but do a power cycle reset when you are done.

Offline JDFranks

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2017, 04:41:08 pm »
I assume that is a simple power off, wait a few seconds and then power back on.

Offline patbou1972

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2017, 02:28:39 pm »
Hi All,

I am new to PLEG programing and a little confuse.  I read the PLEG basics.  I use U17, the latest version (1,7,3452).  When I open the PLC device , I get a different screen than the one I saw in the PLEG basics PDF.
There is nowere to enter or create any work.
What should I do to be able to start programing?
Thank you in advance.

Offline cafri

« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2017, 02:43:06 pm »
I am using PLEG (the traditional UI) for a few years now.

While I really like using PLEG, the only thing that bothers me is changing the order of conditions: Since I have a few dozens of conditions (maybe over 100), placing a new Condition in the desired place on the list may require many click on the ?up? (?+?) button.

I am thinking of upgrading to the NextGen UI and was wondering whether this is done differently there.

Also - Are there any known issues when upgrading to the NextGen UI?

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2017, 03:58:01 pm »
Hi All,

I am new to PLEG programing and a little confuse.  I read the PLEG basics.  I use U17, the latest version (1,7,3452).  When I open the PLC device , I get a different screen than the one I saw in the PLEG basics PDF.
There is nowere to enter or create any work.
What should I do to be able to start programing?
Thank you in advance.

After installing PLC, install PLEG.  You need both.  Then open the PLEG device to begin programming.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2017, 05:26:40 pm »

While I really like using PLEG, the only thing that bothers me is changing the order of conditions: Since I have a few dozens of conditions (maybe over 100), placing a new Condition in the desired place on the list may require many click on the ?up? (?+?) button.

I am thinking of upgrading to the NextGen UI and was wondering whether this is done differently there.

You have the same problem with the placement of Conditions, but really is it a problem, by this I mean how would/could see a solution? Post it up and Richard might incorporate it in the next version?
I've just accepted that Conditions need to be in logical order to run and moving conditions up & down is just part of tweaking PLEG.
The new UI has drop downs which make it easier for new user, however if you re conversant with the UI5 version it's surflorous.
Personally I find it buggy in it placement of triggers and conditions.
Otherwise it has enhancements to the original PLEG which you would find appealing.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline cafri

« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2017, 06:07:49 am »

You have the same problem with the placement of Conditions, but really is it a problem, by this I mean how would/could see a solution? Post it up and Richard might incorporate it in the next version?
I can think of several options. For example:
* Ability to drag a condition to the desired new place.
* Each Condition will have a number, and there will be a button (generic, or per condition) to move "Condition X" above/below "Condition Y".

I've just accepted that Conditions need to be in logical order to run and moving conditions up & down is just part of tweaking PLEG.
I am not sure what this means.
Do you mean that it doesn't matter what is the order of the conditions?

The new UI has drop downs which make it easier for new user, however if you re conversant with the UI5 version it's surflorous.
Personally I find it buggy in it placement of triggers and conditions.
Otherwise it has enhancements to the original PLEG which you would find appealing.
I am using UI7 with the "old" (not NextGen) UI version of PLEG.
Can you give examples regarding bugs in placement of triggers and conditions?
What are the enhancements to the original PLEG which I would find appealing?

Thanks in advance!