Author Topic: Recommended controllers for bridged setup  (Read 664 times)

Offline Fairview

Recommended controllers for bridged setup
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:00:57 pm »
Looking for advice on best 2-3 controllers to buy for a bridged config.

I'm new to Vera, not to Zwave. Actually I ran a small network using Vera devices about 8 years ago but a lot has changed since then. Have been managing a fairly complex Nexia config for the last 2 years but am now considering migrating to Vera. I have a main house with 2 remote buildings, all connected via gigabit wired network. My plan is to bridge the 3 buildings with one master controller in the main house and 2 sub controllers.

Am thinking I would need one VeraPlus and 2 VeraEdge controllers.

Would anyone here with some experience with bridged configs recommend something different?

I am open to going with 3 VeraPlus controllers if there is a reason to do so. Won't say that "money is no object" but spending an extra $100 or so overall up front is not an issue if it would give me more flexibility/stability/performance or any of those.

My alternative if I stay with Nexia is to buy 2 additional controllers plus $10/month for each and they cannot be bridged so I just running 3 separate systems. More expensive and less functionality.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:42:16 pm by Fairview »

Offline mfazal

Re: Recommended controllers for bridged setup
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 05:58:39 am »
looking for a similar setup.. lets c if the experts here have a solution..

Offline JCB79

Re: Recommended controllers for bridged setup
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:27:14 am »
Good Day All,

I am currently trying to set up a bridge between a Vera Plus and a Vera Edge, and am stumped.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to complete the bridge, maybe even a step-by-step, I would be most appreciative if you could share.

If I get to the bottom of it, will let y'all know how it was accomplished.

Thanks In advance,

JCB79