Author Topic: New Nano Dimmer from Aetoec  (Read 5602 times)

Offline ninkasi

Re: New Nano Dimmer from Aetoec
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 12:28:07 am »

I did try that (about a hundred times :D),  It worked for all my other dimmers, just not this particular one for some reason.

Here's my issue:  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52053.0.html

Just replied to that. Looks like the dimmer is wired incorrectly. Maybe it was the first one your sparky did, or he was running on automatic at the time, but basically the switch should be connected directly to the nano dimmer but it looks like it's actually connected up to the load. Should be an easy fix, but will require a re-visit. Good luck!
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome

Offline tunnus

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 05:10:23 pm »
Update: I did a secure inclusion by moving Vera Plus close to the dimmer and clicking the action button twice quickly. It included fine and worked fine! Both manual and remote control worked well. Great! But, not so fast. The next day, about 24 hours after setup, I get "Can't detect device" and the dimmer cannot be controlled remotely any more. Manual control continued working fine though.

I'm having exactly the same issue, only that I have Vera Edge. I have 2 x 10 W dimmable leds in a 2-wire configuration (no neutral) and no bypass, but according to specs this should work.

For the purging associations problem, you have to do factory reset:

"To do this, press and hold the Action Button for 20 seconds and then release it. Your Nano Dimmer will now be reset to its original settings, and the green LED will be solid for 2 seconds and then remain the colourful gradient status as a confirmation."

One important thing, Aeotec user guide (https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000162176-nano-dimmer-user-guide-) has a table with incorrect values for the external (manual) switch, the correct values are:

Parameter 120 [1 byte dec]:

(0) Enter automatic identification mode.
(1) 2-state switch mode
(2) 3-way switch mode
(3) Momentary push button mode

They have these correct values also in the guide, just before incorrect ones.

Offline markd

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 01:18:40 pm »
My nano dimmer keeps displaying 'can't detect device' in Vera.  It was included in non secure mode. The only way to clear this is to turn power off to the unit and hope it reconnects when the power is turned back on.  I have no physical switch connected to the nano dimmer.

Aeotec has sent me a new FW release but I don't have the USB zwave switch at the moment to do the update.

Very frustrating!  I think this is a vera issue as a few days after the first couple of nano switch issues an appliance module now starts displaying can't detect device.

Offline RogerO

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 02:52:13 pm »
Having the same issues. Mine usually works for about 6 hours and then revers to cannot detect device. Really frustrating. Any of the other in box devices better?

Offline CRom11

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 02:41:55 am »
Had similar issues, but after upgrading to latest firmware, 2.02 AU, many of before mentioned parameters were mapped by default. Be careful of the ambiguous description of parameters S1 and S2, the guide says the auto config is 4, the firmware document says it's 0, 0 works for me. I have the toggle switch, so 4 quick presses, flick the switch to ON and when the LED changes to green flick it back to OFF and it works. I can operate the lights from both, switch and vera, the only thing is that it works as 2 way switching, ie if you turn the lights ON from the switch and turn them OFF from the vera, if you then turn the switch OFF it will turn the lights ON. Not a big deal, just something to get used to. Also I don't have dimmable LED's so I've used the min and max brightness set to 80%

Offline RogerO

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 10:43:52 am »
Had similar issues, but after upgrading to latest firmware, 2.02 AU, many of before mentioned parameters were mapped by default. Be careful of the ambiguous description of parameters S1 and S2, the guide says the auto config is 4, the firmware document says it's 0, 0 works for me. I have the toggle switch, so 4 quick presses, flick the switch to ON and when the LED changes to green flick it back to OFF and it works. I can operate the lights from both, switch and vera, the only thing is that it works as 2 way switching, ie if you turn the lights ON from the switch and turn them OFF from the vera, if you then turn the switch OFF it will turn the lights ON. Not a big deal, just something to get used to. Also I don't have dimmable LED's so I've used the min and max brightness set to 80%

Thanks, am going to try the firmware update and if that doesn't work, send it back to Amazon. Debating on trying the Fibaro instead.

Offline RogerO

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 01:25:21 pm »
Firmware update did not help. In process of returning dimmer under warranty. Am debating getting the Fibaro instead. anyone have any experience with it?

Offline ninkasi

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 10:21:15 pm »
FWIW I had issues with two Zwave devices dropping off the network regularly - it started after one of the updates to Vera recently. See here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36482.msg321473.html#msg321473

The strange thing was they still worked ie I still got motion alerts from a motion detector, and a power switch could still be turned on/off. The 'cannot detect' error sounded like Vera couldn't see them at all, but it was just saying that there was a problem with those specific devices.

You may already have tried this, but mine was solved by completely removing the devices from the network, then resetting them, then adding them in again. In both cases the devices needed to be close to the Vera to add in otherwise there were errors exchanging security keys. I have not had an issue since.

Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome

Offline RogerO

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 10:41:11 pm »
Switching to a Fibaro died it.