We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Thermostat widget...enhancement request...  (Read 1127 times)

Offline rlmalisz

Thermostat widget...enhancement request...
« on: July 14, 2016, 03:55:32 pm »
Currently you have to go into device properties to choose whether the set point controlled is heating or cooling.  This means a couple times a year, the device's configuration needs an update and that needed propagated to all of our iOS devuces.  It'd be lovely if HomeWave could show the setpoint for the mode the 'stat is currently in, and somehow indicate which it was.

Offline intveltr

Re: Thermostat widget...enhancement request...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:43:25 am »
The app is supposed to do this when set to display "temperature", but perhaps the changes to the way thermostats are being reported broke this. I'll have a look
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 05:21:49 pm »
FWIW, this is on UI5, so MCV probably hasn't changed the way things work.  We started using HW last summer, and I don't recall having to switch the settings from "cool" to "heat".  But the widget definitely has a setting where you choose which setpoint to control.  Which seems odd, if it's automagic?

--Richard

Offline intveltr

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 01:37:55 pm »
Not sure if that still works in UI5.  The widget should have a choice between heating, cooling and a third setting which should control the setpoint of whichever mode is active.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 08:38:09 pm »
I definitely just see two options: control heating or control cooling.  And I have "display thermostat mode" enabled, but only see that on the "mode" widget.  Am I using the wrong widgets for this stuff?  I have three per 'stat: 1 that shows/controls mode, one that shows/controls setpoint, and one that shows the temperature at the 'stat as a sensor.

--Richard

Offline intveltr

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 08:17:06 am »
Those are the right widgets.  I'm not sure why the setpoint widget won't show the automatic mode, but it;s been a while since I looked at any UI5 stuff.