We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Welcome to iVera's forum category  (Read 15007 times)

Offline iVera

Welcome to iVera's forum category
« on: July 01, 2010, 10:49:03 am »
Hello everyone,

This new section was created by MCV to facilitate notifications, discussions and other information about iVera.

iVera is a new iPhone app available in the AppStore which allows you to control your Vera/MiOS system very easily and quickly either locally or remotely.

For more information, you can check out www.thinkiwi.com or go directly to the AppStore at :

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ivera/id373726318?mt=8

iVera ... control your house!
   -iVera Team.
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline blazinace

Re: Welcome to iVera's forum category
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 11:05:52 am »
Hi and welcome.  I purchased it last week and it's running fine.  I just like to know if an iPad version will be released soon.

Offline iVera

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 12:18:42 am »
Thanks blazinace, an iPad version is planned but no date yet.

UI4 support and some new features are currently the main focus for iVera.
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline atom-solutions

IP camera streaming support?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 09:29:54 am »
Hi. Any chance to support streaming of IP cameras within iVera? In the near future? Great product btw...

Offline iVera

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 01:44:51 pm »
Thanks! Unfortunately development to support streaming IP cameras within iVera is not currently scheduled but this is a great idea and will be looked into.
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline SteveO123

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 04:33:09 pm »
I was going to wait to get this until upgrading to UI4 but took the plunge today since my shiny new iPhone needed another app! :)

WOW this is great.  Simple setup (almost none!) and great easy interface.  I tried the SQ one but bailed after 15 minutes of trying to figure it out. 

Question, I was warned that some of the function would not be there (I am on UI2), but when I upgrade to UI4 when it's released (Friday, right LOL  :D) will the sensor readouts be fixed? I have the HM TS001 and the humidity doesn't report... will this be available on UI4?
"This one goes to eleven!"
Vera2, iVera on iPhone 4, 2xWDTC-20 Tstats, 1xTrane 400 Tstat, 4xHA Dimmers, 2xHA Appliance Modules, 2xHA Wall Switches, 1xHA Exterior Switch, 2xHA07 Controllers, 0X free time!

Offline iVera

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 11:38:21 am »
Hi Steve0123,

Current iVera version (1.0) supports the following sensors : motion, temperature and light (and HSM100 info).

However, we are currently finishing up iVera's first update which will be available for free on the AppStore and will include (among other things) support for humidity sensors, door/window sensors and smoke detectors!

Thanks for the great feedback and feel free to add a review on the AppStore  ;D
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline bfuqua

Downloaded my iVera today! Very Impressed
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 12:36:11 am »
I downloaded iVera today and am very impressed.  I do have one issue though.  Vera allows a user to hide a scene from the dashboard.  I have several timer and event scenes and would like them hidden from the scenes in iVera.  Is this possible?  Bill

Offline iVera

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 08:24:23 pm »
Hi bfuqua,

I can think of two things that could be happening:

1) Although iVera should automatically pick up added/removed/hidden scenes changes, maybe for some reason it didn't. You can go to Settings->Advanced and hit the "Reset All Settings" button. You will need to input your ip/username/password again but it will redownload the entire topology (devices/scenes) of your Vera setup from scratch. Click save and check out your Scenes section.
Note: a "soft" reset can be done by clicking on the green dot visible to the right of your Localhost name for example. iVera will pop up a gray overlay window while refreshing your configuration.

2) Do you have UI2? A known issue with some UI2 versions (and one of the reason iVera currently cannot support all features on UI2) is that the Hidden state of a scene is actually not reported by Vera to iVera. Therefore iVera does not know when it needs to hide the scene. UI3 does not have this issue.

www.thinkiwi.com

Offline iVera

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 12:35:45 am »
Hi Renato, what do you mean by "I cannot view my panasonic camera"? Is it working under UI4? Is it not reported by iVera in the Cameras section or the image itself is not updated?
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline boomer135

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 10:09:47 am »
A little help here with IVERA

I can only use it on the WIFI at home with the Iphone4 I can't acess it frim 3g. Is there a different set up I have to use. Also my login wont work froma remote server on findvera/mobile

Offline Yudsky

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 06:08:27 pm »
Is it possible to control two Vera2 units with the iVera App?  We have a rental in addition to our home and would like to set up another vera2 there.

Offline iVera

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 11:25:20 am »
@Yudsky: Not with current version but we are actively working at it for a next sw update.

@boomer135: It depends which UI you have, but if UI4, you need to use your newly created cp.mios.com username/password. Note also that if you can't login from findvera.com or remote server on web, chances are iVera won't be able to connect either.
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline markie

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 08:55:01 pm »
having trouble seeing my BL-C210 panasonic webcam on ivera (no camera recognized). All other devices populated correctly accept for the webcam. Any tips would be appreciated.

Offline iVera

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 09:21:45 pm »
Is you camera working in Vera's dashboard? If it does not, then iVera will not be able to access it either.

iVera does not actually know about the camera's brand or model, it just knows it is a camera and has a set of instructions (which is the same for all camera type devices) to get camera picture or pan/tilt/zoom.
Is there anything special in the setup of your panasonic that might help understand what can be happening?
www.thinkiwi.com