We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Beta Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.17b : First impressions  (Read 5270 times)

Offline Reliance

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Beta Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.17b : First impressions
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 07:11:09 am »
Yep, LUA encoding bug still there.  Pretty pathetic, but sadly I'm not all that surprised.

I placed a support call, they suggested that it was fixed in Scenes but not in LUA Startup.   Are you seeing it in scenes?
DSC 1864, AEON Dimmers and Switch, Fibaro Universal Sensors, DHS Double, iTach Flex IP, Arduino

Offline Khaztr

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 11:24:54 am »
Yep, LUA encoding bug still there.  Pretty pathetic, but sadly I'm not all that surprised.

I placed a support call, they suggested that it was fixed in Scenes but not in LUA Startup.   Are you seeing it in scenes?

Hmm, good question.  In my scenes, the code appears correctly.  But if I run the scene (manual or through a trigger), it fails.  If I copy and paste the code directly from my scene to the code test and run it there, it runs fine. 

So in short, yes, my scenes are still totally broken :(

Offline OldManse

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 03:11:41 am »
@Zorro
You need to call Customer Support and request they discontinue the automatic updates.

I tried this and the reply was
I?m sorry to hear about the trouble that you had with the new firmware upgrades and I understand that it bothers you when it prompts you directly to the firmware tab after you login.
Unfortunately, for the moment this feature cannot be turned off.
If you want, I can address this to our developers and maybe it will be implemented in one of the next firmware releases.

My reply was
"Please, put this to the developers for inclusion at a future release, possibly with an option to delay the notification instead of outright dismissal, with an easier route to rollback - when I worked for a large communications company (I'm retired now) we were never early adopters of new software released as we needed to keep the show on the road instead of being guinea pigs for the software giants - by forcing consumers to make an upgrade (i.e. badgering them with messages to upgrade) is a bullying tactic which makes Microsoft unpopular."