Author Topic: Error saving anything  (Read 710 times)

Offline mjbok

Error saving anything
« on: July 19, 2016, 06:34:18 pm »
I loaded Vera Alerts and got it to work briefly, but I started to get saving errors when updating so I reinstalled the app.  Now I can't save anything.  Strangely enough when I go through it takes awhile before I start getting saving errors and when I first update a notification, the first notification disappears (I start with five, but after I change the first one it disappears).  Is it possible there are some server issues right now causing this?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: Error saving anything
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 09:39:51 am »
What type of device ?
What Firmware Version ?
What Vera Alerts Version ?
Any Error messages ?

Offline mjbok

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 09:55:09 am »
What type of device ?
What Firmware Version ?
What Vera Alerts Version ?
Any Error messages ?

Brand new Veraplus
Firmware 1.7.2044
VeraAlerts 7.11

I open the app and it is at new profiles.  I create a profile using the Mobil choice.  It gives the message up top that it is saving changes.  I add the key, I set the profile associations.  Eventually I get error messages such as 41, error saving profile.  Error sending message.  I close out, click on refetch and edit data and everything I just put in is gone.  I can post screen prints later if that will help.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 09:58:09 am »
Sounds like your vera is having problems saving changes ...
You might need to call MCV.

Offline mjbok

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 10:59:17 am »
Sounds like your vera is having problems saving changes ...
You might need to call MCV.

In my original post I meant that I can't save anything to Vera Alerts.  Everything else seems fine.  I can add scenes, devices, other apps, make changes, etc.  Vera Alerts seems to be the only thing having an issue at the moment.   I have attached some of the errors I'm receiving.

Offline rutledgehouse

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 06:50:37 pm »
I'm now having the same problem. Was there ever a resolution? I tried removing and recreating the device, no luck. I tried removing and reinstalling the app. No change. Whenever I make a change on any VeraAlert screen it tells me it failed to save whatever object that screen touches.

--- update
after deleting the app and reinstalling and then flushing cache it works again. Not sure why it went haywire.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 06:58:37 pm by rutledgehouse »