Author Topic: Mitsubishi Kumo Cloud Integration  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Axios

Re: Mitsubishi Kumo Cloud Integration
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 04:58:16 am »
Hi,
first of all: thanks!  :)

I see, then a "custom" hardware interface is needed... but, given You have that interface and successfully connect it to the CN105 connector, after that? To have this connected and working, for example, to a VeraPlus HA sistem? I was thinking to buy (I am in Europe) a Mitsubishi Conditioner which can be connected to an "MAC-567IF-E" interface and, with that using wifi to the Net and to a system called "Melcloud".

So, since this"MAC-567IF-E" interface itself connects to the CN105. So "all" that is needed is an "interface for dummies" step-by-step instruction of how to craft it and, above all, a guide to make it all works with the Vera(Plus) system.... or some way for Vera to interact "cloud-to-cloud" with the "Melcloud" or "KumoCloud".

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:36:12 am by Axios »

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 09:49:32 am »
You're very welcome Axios.

As you indicated, this is very much a custom solution and there will be a learning curve but I'll do my best to document everything (part #'s, schematics, Arduino IDE, Arduino code, MQTT etc.). The Arduino(s) will require a single MQTT broker for directional communications between each MEHVAC and the plugin. As I mentioned previously, this plugin was written entirely in Lua. With that said, I'm not using a Vera (too unstable and unpredictable) - rather I'm using openLuup and AltUI. Both of these amazing solutions can be found here on this website within the "Plugin and Plugin Development" section. This isn't to say that the MEHVAC plugin wouldn't work on a Vera, I'm just unable to test it.

MelCloud looks very similar (function) to that of Kumo Clound. I can only speak of the MHK1 solution I was previously using which plugged directly into the Mitsubishi CN105 connector. Point being, if the unit has a CN105 connector then this should conceptually work. The developers of the Arduino code are maintaining a list of known working Mitsubishi units..

I realize this solution isn't for all but I was tired of paying the high cost to manage these units. After the release of Kumo Cloud, I'd have to ditch my previous solution and buy 6 of Kumo's.. I wasn't about to do that so it was totally worth it to me to learn how to put this plugin together as well as the Arduino's. 

Hope I was able to answer all your questions...
CN

Hi,
first of all: thanks!  :)

I see, then a "custom" hardware interface is needed... but, given You have that interface and successfully connect it to the CN105 connector, after that? To have this connected and working, for example, to a VeraPlus HA sistem? I was thinking to buy (I am in Europe) a Mitsubishi Conditioner which can be connected to an "MAC-567IF-E" interface and, with that using wifi to the Net and to a system called "Melcloud".

So, since this"MAC-567IF-E" interface itself connects to the CN105. So "all" that is needed is an "interface for dummies" step-by-step instruction of how to craft it and, above all, a guide to make it all works with the Vera(Plus) system.... or some way for Vera to interact "cloud-to-cloud" with the "Melcloud" or "KumoCloud".
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline joepro

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 11:25:06 pm »
Awesome work CudaNet!
I'm really looking forward to reading your writeup on this - especially all the required parts.  Any chance you can also post a picture of the final result?

Thanks!

Offline CudaNet

• Chimichanga !
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 06:45:54 pm »
Yes,

Everything will be detailed (I promise) including where to purchase the parts (USA), assembly, loading the code to the Arduino board as well as a full list of the actions and how to call them using Lua. I'm thinking of providing a Linux image (Jessie) to load to a Raspberry Pi. I've done this in the past for openLuup users, of course this image would contain AltUI, openLuup, MQTT and the MEHVAC plugin pre-loaded. Then you could just modify the MQTT config file for a secured connection. I've considered purchasing a Vera but it's just too painful dealing with their firmware.

I've had a couple of issues during test which took me some time to discover the root cause. Luckily, it was just the Arduino flaking out on me. I loaded code to a new Arduino, plugged it in and all was well. I've decided to make some minor adjustments to the temp calculations (no more rounding) to closely match that of the Mitsu units themselves (they operate in centigrade). I'll load the new code this weekend and go back into test and see how well this works out. It's been great controlling the units via HomeWave... For those wanting granular control over the WideVane, Vane and Fan modes - one could potentially setup something like MultiSwitch. I really need to test this out.

Once I'm closer to publishing this, I'll start a new thread...

Thanks,
CN

Awesome work CudaNet!
I'm really looking forward to reading your writeup on this - especially all the required parts.  Any chance you can also post a picture of the final result?

Thanks!
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline Moxified

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 10:46:55 pm »
I use this library with my openhab setup via mqtt. I had rounding issues at first because they used integers instead of floats in the library. They updated the library to support float a few months ago now. I find the hp to be very accurate to the degree in Fahrenheit. I use my zwave thermostats in rooms with hp's to override the internal temp sensor of the hp. Once the floats were added this works very well. Much better than letting the units use their own sensor.

All to say, double check you have the latest pull from github. I futzed with it for a week before realizing I had an outdated copy.

I use adafruit huzzah for this. No fuss. It requires a single plug and some pins. Four wires from the huzzah to the hp. No regulators or resistors. I stuffed them up inside above the pop off panel on the bottom so they are hidden but you can get to them if you pop off the cover.  I made my four wire dongle have standard female pins on the huzzah end so I can just unplug the huzzah from the dongle which runs up inside the hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk