Author Topic: AEON HEMg2 stops updating clamp 1/2 power  (Read 2231 times)

Offline rafale77

Re: AEON HEMg2 stops updating clamp 1/2 power
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 11:47:29 am »
Mine is stuck at the same watts for Leg 1. It's been working for a week now, but just today all day the Watts for Leg 1 stopped moving. Any tips?

Been looking into this as well. The HEM causes a ton of zwave traffic to the Vera. Somehow it sometimes loses the child device.
I looked in the logs and when the leg stops updating, the log shows that the child device became a "stray device"
The solution in this case is to force a reconfiguration of the master device. I am looking into reconfiguring the HEM to decrease its update frequency so as not to have the amount of traffic it is generating...
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline fitz2380

Re: AEON HEMg2 stops updating clamp 1/2 power
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 06:46:40 pm »
Let us know how it goes or if additional information from me could help.  I hate to keep re-configuring, because as I noted before, it changes the device numbers of the children and I would like to have some scenes associated with these children yet not have to update these every time a child goes missing.

I concur that the children get somehow 'lost', but what could prevent this.  In the case that I saw, my vera went through a startup and it was during this startup that it lost the child.  After the startup, I then got the stray node for clamp 1.  I have not lost my clamp 2 for many months, but it is currently not clamped on a wire so it always reads 0 anyways, but I can see that it is still configured.