Author Topic: AEON HEMg2 stops updating clamp 1/2 power  (Read 2309 times)

Offline rafale77

Re: AEON HEMg2 stops updating clamp 1/2 power
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 11:47:29 am »
Mine is stuck at the same watts for Leg 1. It's been working for a week now, but just today all day the Watts for Leg 1 stopped moving. Any tips?

Been looking into this as well. The HEM causes a ton of zwave traffic to the Vera. Somehow it sometimes loses the child device.
I looked in the logs and when the leg stops updating, the log shows that the child device became a "stray device"
The solution in this case is to force a reconfiguration of the master device. I am looking into reconfiguring the HEM to decrease its update frequency so as not to have the amount of traffic it is generating...
Openluup (18 devices, 58 scenes, 11 apps) and iobroker controlling VeraPlus with 116 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 7 apps, 244 vera devices, 79 scenes; VeraEdge (0 node, 26 devices, 6 App, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Offline fitz2380

Re: AEON HEMg2 stops updating clamp 1/2 power
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 06:46:40 pm »
Let us know how it goes or if additional information from me could help.  I hate to keep re-configuring, because as I noted before, it changes the device numbers of the children and I would like to have some scenes associated with these children yet not have to update these every time a child goes missing.

I concur that the children get somehow 'lost', but what could prevent this.  In the case that I saw, my vera went through a startup and it was during this startup that it lost the child.  After the startup, I then got the stray node for clamp 1.  I have not lost my clamp 2 for many months, but it is currently not clamped on a wire so it always reads 0 anyways, but I can see that it is still configured.