We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Zigbee radio issues - CS is working to resolve it  (Read 1563 times)

Offline erkme73

Zigbee radio issues - CS is working to resolve it
« on: August 02, 2016, 09:35:33 am »
I recently purchased this Orbit spigot valve with Iris control based on others' reports that they got it working with the VERA plus.    Given the poor reviews at Lowe's website, I bought two - just in case.

When I tried to pair the valve using the add device (generic zigbee) wizard, I never saw a blue "add device now" bar at the top of my GUI page.  The valve also never paired (neither of them).   So I sent an email to Vera customer support (CS).  After many days, they responded by saying the Zigbee radio should be device 3, but currently device 3 on my Plus is PLEG.  So they gave me a URL command that would get around that limitation, and force the Plus into zigbee pairing mode. 

That worked - as I saw the blue bar telling me to add the device.  So, I powered up the valve, and it paired!  But, that was the extent of my joy.

From then on, the Plus was in a terminal boot loop.  All LEDs would light up for only about 5 seconds, then cycle like a LUUP restart.  It was happening so quickly that Vera Alerts never got to the point where it could send me an alert that the box restarted.

With an enormous amount of patience, I was eventually able to get to the devices list on the GUI - but the valve wasn't there.  So I went to settings/network/zigbee/advanced and reset the zigbee network, and cleared deleted and unknown devices.   The restarting stopped immediately, but I was back to square one.   The wizard to add zigbee devices still didn't bring up the blue bar.

Now it's a matter of waiting another number of days before CS gets back to trying it again.

I'm posting this to a) vent, and b) in hopes this problem is one that others have encountered and resolved, and they could share how.   The joy's of HA.

Offline Nutron

72 nodes, 285 devices, 3 Zigbee devices, 14 apps, 17 scenes on a VeraPlus linked with Harmony, hue , and Echo via the fantastic HA-Bridge

Offline erkme73

Re: Zigbee radio issues - CS is working to resolve it
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 08:37:14 am »
Yes, I did. In fact it was that post that gave me the confidence to buy the iris valve in the first place. Unfortunately my plus is simply not initiating the zigbee pairing mode. No blue 'add device now'  bar at the top of the gui.

Offline hax0rmort

Re: Zigbee radio issues - CS is working to resolve it
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 08:13:22 pm »
erk, i have had the same issue documented with vera support.   get this.   go ahead and try to pair that iris hose timer.  Then WIPE your vera plus.   Then when it turns on its zigbee radio for the first time and from every time after, it received interference from that hose timer because it's still transmitting to it.    It has no way to filter out the unpaired device and I guess it has no clue what to do with the station transmitting to it.  it reboots luup.   OVER AND OVER.    this is after a full complete wipe.  That doesn't sound like it handles interference the way one would hope.   I have all the tail.logs documenting this.  It's kinda scary.  Someone finds out our zigbee channel and they can just spoof a single device to transmit to it as if it were paired still.  and it would bring down your network indef.
think about that.