We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Fibaro single light relay switch  (Read 3777 times)

Offline adam4049

Fibaro single light relay switch
« on: August 08, 2016, 02:48:59 am »
Hi all, i am in the process of slowly setting up my home automation system. I currently have a Vera Edge AU controller and a couple Fibaro door and window sensors and a couple Fibaro single light relay switches. My plan is to keep manual control on all my switches be still be able to set scenes and timers etc, nothing to complex.

The issue i am having is i have connected my fibaro relay and got it working nicely with my door and window sensor so that when the door open/closes the light turns on/off however for some reason i do not have manual control over the light even prior to setting up any scenes.

I am using a clipsal saturn zen light switch with LED and have wired everything up exactly as per the wiring diagram in the Fibaro manual. The LED on the light switch turns on and off when i press the switch on and off it just doesnt change the light. Are there any parameters or something i need to change to get this working?

As i mentioned, everything else is working beautifully, when i press the manual switch on the relay it talks to the Vera controller and light as it should just no manual control from the clipsal light switch.

Appreciate any help.

Offline Slartibartfast

Re: Fibaro single light relay switch
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 05:54:52 am »
Which model Fibaro relay have you used? Can you attach wiring diagram you have used? Have you set the parameters on the Fibaro to match the switch ie momentary/toggle switch mono/bistable?
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline adam4049

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 06:24:54 am »
I am using the Fibaro FGS-212 2.5kw, the manual can be found at the follow link http://www.fibaro.com/manuals/en/FGS-212/FGS-212-EN-A-v1.01.pdf

I haven't changed any settings and am assuming (and hoping) that's all that needs to be changed. Unfortunately the manual only explains how to change all these parameters on a Fibaro Home Centre where as I am using the Vera Edge AU and not sure what the parameters convert to.

Offline adam4049

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 08:07:23 am »
So I've just worked out how to add the required parameter to the Fibaro switch on the Vera Edge by adding parameter 14 to the value of 0 for a momentary switch and still not having any luck. I have followed every procedure possible and still no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 08:15:39 am »
I don't know the clipsal saturn zen light switch so I cannot say for sure what parameters should be set. Do you have a diagram showing the connection of the clipsal.
If this was me I would first confirm the Fibaro is working correctly by connecting a standard switch to the input to test manual on/off there. If that works then I would connect the lamp dire tly to the clipsal to that the that turns on/off.
If those both work then it must be connection or parameters.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline adam4049

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 08:50:17 am »
It's definitely a parameter issue because I've done exactly as you said and both work individually just not together.

I have a DHS branded single relay switch which I've just connected and it works perfectly apart from the blue LED indicator light not corresponding to the action on the Vera controller. Such a shame the more expensive and supposedly reliable Fibaro relay won't work correctly.

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 09:01:20 am »
Do you have the data sheet for the clipsal. It may highlight which parameter you need to change.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline adam4049

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 12:56:57 am »
There are no parameters for the Clipsal light switch. It's just like any other momentary light switch. I just can't get the parameters on the Fibaro relay to be activated.

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 01:55:52 am »
What I meant was the data sheet for the clipsal might suggest what settings are required on the Fibaro.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline adam4049

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 02:10:56 am »
The wiring manual can be found here and I've wired it up as per diagram 3. http://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalOnline/Files/Brochures/W0001647.pdf

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 03:35:41 am »
I am guessing you have connected as attached. The data sheet does not advise whether the switches are toggle or momentary. I would guess toggle.
If toggle I suggest trying
Parameter 13 - 0
parameter 14 - 1

I assume you have neutral to the fibaro.
If nothing works, try disconnecting the LED, perhaps the LED current keeps the S1 input active all the time so that the Fibaro does not see the input change state.

Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline adam4049

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 04:11:00 am »
That's exactly how I've got it wired up. I'll try it again without the LED wiring and see if that helps. I also did not know I had to add parameter 14 as everything I've been reading only states to add parameter 14. I'll give that a go and see what happens. Cheers.

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 04:59:52 am »
The default for parameter 13 is 0 so it probably doesn't need adding but I would put it in anyway as a reminder that it is set.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline janaewalker

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 06:00:25 am »
Thanks for sharing the information

Offline adam4049

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 09:42:06 pm »
Just an update to all, i still havent had any luck with this. I have ordered a momentary/bell press light switch mechanism to replace the current push button toggle switch and will see if that makes a difference. I have had great success using the DHS single light relay the only thing that doesnt work is the blue LED indicator does not replicate the light status, ie when i turn the light off from the Vera app it doesnt replicate the light status on the LED indidicator (light on LED off/light off LED on).

I'm hoping the new momentary switch paired with the fibaro relay will work as i want it. Will keep you all posted