Author Topic: control Nice (ITA) blinds and windows?  (Read 561 times)

Offline rbhun

control Nice (ITA) blinds and windows?
« on: August 10, 2016, 03:54:59 am »
hi

Nice systems are very popular here in Hungary, and they have a full control system (they can motorize blinds and windows and have a sun/wind/rain sensor) which I'd love to have, but only if it integrates with Vera. It would be great to get sensor data from the NiveWay sun/wind/rain, but leave it to control the windows in case the HA has a problem.

Thanks
Balazs

Offline shady

• Beta Testers
  • This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
Re: control Nice (ITA) blinds and windows?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 01:01:21 pm »
You might be able to work with RFXCOM to see if they can connect wirelessly, I think NICE uses 433 Mhx radio.  But most NICE motors also offer Dry Contact control so you could always integrate with Vera that way either with a Z-Wave Dry Contact board or running wires to Vera controlled Relays.  Or solder wires to the buttons of an extra NICE remote and trigger those wires with relays.  I like the products from NICE, good stuff.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set