We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: IP cameras  (Read 2116 times)

Offline joaomanuelfernandes

IP cameras
« on: August 18, 2016, 08:30:00 am »
Is it possible to have my IP cams only in ImperiHome and create a scene in ImperiHome where if multisensor detects motion, IP cams take a snapshot?
I'm trying to move my cameras out of Vera.

Offline tomgru

Re: IP cameras
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 03:08:52 pm »
Check out the blue iris forum, product and plug-in

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 03:25:56 pm »
Is it possible to have my IP cams only in ImperiHome and create a scene in ImperiHome where if multisensor detects motion, IP cams take a snapshot?
I'm trying to move my cameras out of Vera.

I agree with TOM and I use BlueIris myself in the same manner your talking about. Imperihome can not help you with the snapshot. One you need snapshot to be quick. I Have blueiris take the snapshot. Blueiris can also trigger a virtual motion in VERA to make a motion out of your camera. That motion combined with home/away can sensd you alerts only when your gone and there is motion. You can also have Vera change or turn on and off recording patterns or sensitivity in blueiris based on conditions VERA knows (also if you home/away/guest home/ day or night......)

So imperihome only good for a quick viewing of live cam. Blueiris good for viewing and recording past events and integrating with VERA. 

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 07:32:10 am »
Well, at the moment i can't have a 24h computer running.
So for now i'm going to take my ip cameras out from Vera and i'll be using their motion sensor instead of multisensor 6.
Problem is i can't get it right on Imperihome. When it asks for the internal and external url to get image from the cameras i messed it up.
My cameras all are D-Link 935L. The url that i put on Vera is 192.xxx.x.xxx/cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi

What's the internal and external url?

Thanks

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 10:34:11 am »
Well, at the moment i can't have a 24h computer running.
So for now i'm going to take my ip cameras out from Vera and i'll be using their motion sensor instead of multisensor 6.
Problem is i can't get it right on Imperihome. When it asks for the internal and external url to get image from the cameras i messed it up.
My cameras all are D-Link 935L. The url that i put on Vera is 192.xxx.x.xxx/cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi

What's the internal and external url?

Thanks

Try this.

http://192.xxx.x.xxx/cgi/jpg/image.cgi
http://192.xxx.x.xxx/video/mjpg.cgi

Make sure you put in both the still and the stream urls with the "http"

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 10:48:07 am »
That works when i'm on my local network but when i'm away it doesn't work.
noob to me  ::)

Offline treetop777

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 12:22:31 am »
There is a good video on youtube about how to access a foscam camera from the outside.  You need to port-forward the camera in your router and get a DDNS service such as no-ip. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 05:05:44 pm by treetop777 »