We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Basic iTunes based whole house Audio control from Vera Scenes  (Read 55605 times)

Offline fall-line

Re: Basic iTunes based whole house Audio control from Vera Scenes
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 05:59:41 pm »
I haven't upgraded iTunes on my main home machine past 10.1 due to this script, but am planning to try and update the script  for 10.3+ compatibility shortly.

Offline fall-line

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 01:07:16 pm »
Good news, I've just upgraded to iTunes 10.3.1, and this script continues to work without further modification.

Let me know if you have any troubles.

Offline JamesM

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 02:27:24 pm »
Fall-line

Absolutely great set of scripts. I look forward to implementing this tonight.

To avoid any complications, have you tested your setup with the newest 10.5 release?
Vera2- UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | SQ Blaster | 5 ICS Android Tablets - AutHomation | 28x GE 45606 switches  | 2x LFM-20 (Fireplace;Garage Door) | 1x hardwired Everspring SM103-1 |3 NorthQ, 1 Foscam IP cameras | Kwikset Locks | ..Not enough time to program  :'(

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 02:51:14 pm »
You should be good with 10.5 as I don't think Apple changed anything relating to how Airtunes/Airplay works in recent releases.  @Fall-line's last change to the plug-in/scripts was because Apple made changes in how Airtunes worked, changing it to Airplay in iTunes 10.1.  I'd say it should work in 10.5, but please report back and let us know.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 05:41:09 am »

Hi,

very interesting topic.  I'm using the Apple Tv via IR with Vera, as now with iCloud i don't need more iTunes opened in the Mac.

But it would be great if we can run playlist or song via scene of Vera.

I didn't find this feature still develop.

Did Somebody try something on it?

Thank guys
Matteo

guest146447

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 03:58:32 am »
Hi - just wondered if anyone has tried this on a recent version of iTunes...?

Offline hifs

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 07:55:11 am »
Are you talking about running on a PC? I know with the apple remote iOS app you can control itunes on a PC. I'm not aware of the protocol that this app uses as something that is open; it's not as far as I know.  There is a C++ Com API for iTunes on windows that is fairly robust. It controls the player and can do playlist management. You need to develop a daemon that runs on the itunes PC to listen for requests and a Vera plugin that interacts with it. What I'm saying is this is possible, just a lot of work. Others on the forum may have other ideas.

guest146447

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 05:06:11 pm »
oh, I wasn't being that ambitious - I was just wondering if the applescript solution at the start of this thread still worked...