Author Topic: Fibaro FGS-223 second channel not working with Vera Edge  (Read 18936 times)

Online kwieto

Re: Fibaro FGS-223 second channel not working with Vera Edge
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2017, 01:02:51 pm »
But I'm Talking about this one:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38961.msg302908.html#msg302908

Should I undo these changes?

Offline therealdb

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2017, 02:11:42 am »
I have 20 fgs 223 and I can confirm that the last trip with power reporting on second channel will work even after you had them configured using the first method mentioned in this thread. Superb!

Offline jono2g

« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2017, 01:24:56 am »
Hi i have done Fix 1 for the FGS-223, only issue is the parent device only triggers channel 1 but both channel 1 and 2 child devices work fine

Any ideas on how to have the parent trigger both channels

kind regards,

Jonathan

Offline gleech

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2017, 10:43:58 am »
So I tried this new fix. I excluded and included my device twice and followed the instruction but I dont get the power monitoring on 2nd channel, the monitoring on the 1st channel is still showing on the parent. Any idea how I can fix it. I'm on UI7 and Vera Edge if that makes a difference.

While the solution mentioned earlier in the thread works to some extent, it's not really correct and doesn't fix the power reporting.

It pains me that this device was released nearly a year ago and Vera still hasn't figured it out ...... in fact their support techs are punting out the fix from this very thread as a "solution".

I think zedrally mentioned it earlier, this is a multi-channel device supporting multi-channel Association, so the first problem is that Vera try to control the device using the wrong command class, it expects the Binary Switch command class to be used and *sent* to the right endpoint and to be security encapsulated.

Then, ALL it needs for local (switch) status reporting to work and the channel power reporting to work is the *correct* multi-channel Association setting and it will magically spring to life. 

So, if you fancy testing this on a newly Included FGS-223 (or want to Exclude an existing one and then Include it again) all you need to do is the following:

1) Fix the control from the UI by creating a new Service Variable on the child devices to make Vera use the Binary Switch command class to control them:

Code: [Select]
Service ID: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1
Variable: SetTargetCommandClass
Value: 37

Reload the engine each time and refresh your browser in between.

2) Fix the local switch change reporting and power reporting by opening up the test lua window and running the following commands one at a time, leaving 30 seconds or so between each one. 

In both these commands replace '20' with the Z-Wave NODE ID of the PARENT device on your FGS-223 (shown on the SETTINGS tab like "ID20"):

luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='20',Data='133 4 1 1'},1)
The above command deletes the current Association to group 1.  The following command adds the multi-channel Association to group 1 that is required.

luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='20',Data='142 1 1 0 1 1'},1)
3) Optional - set POLLING to ZERO to stop Vera from unnecessarily polling a device that supports instant status, instant meter reports, etc, etc.

That should be all that's required to get the device working FULLY with each child device on the UI controlling the correct channel on the device and both local switch change reporting and power reporting working correctly for each channel.

The parent device will still control channel 1 on the device but will no longer show power readings nor local switch change status updates - really, parent devices in a multi-channel device should be set to have no function other than allowing you to set device parameters, or perhaps reporting parent device information such as a battery level.

I still find controlling this device from Vera takes a few seconds to update the UI although the device itself does switch instantly (using either this method or the earlier mentioned method). There appears to be some craziness with Z-Wave going on which results in a myriad of tries and retries before an ACK is received, not sure what's going on there so will have to leave that one to Vera to sort out!

I tested this multiple times with multiple FGS-223 across multiple test Vera and it worked every time, your mileage may vary of course and no guarantees it will work, but it would be interesting to hear feedback from other people.

Offline jono2g

« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2017, 01:01:25 am »
Hi does both S1 and S2 trigger together when using the parent object? after that fix i can only control S1 when parent is toggled but i can control S1 and S2 individually using their own object

Offline therealdb

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2017, 08:21:41 am »
jono2g, that's by design. Master controls S1, and S1 child and S2 child control their respective loads.

Offline jono2g

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2017, 05:15:06 pm »
Thanks, is it possible to have master control both as done with other branded modules?

I tried using scenes but there is a delay between the different loads coming on and off

Offline souly75

« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2017, 11:55:37 am »
Hi does both S1 and S2 trigger together when using the parent object? after that fix i can only control S1 when parent is toggled but i can control S1 and S2 individually using their own object
It's the same here. I think that's the way it should be. Parent only controls S1.

Offline jono2g

« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2017, 10:40:32 pm »
It's the same here. I think that's the way it should be. Parent only controls S1.

Thanks, i might give another brand a try. I know DHS double master does both S1 and S2 instantly together which is the point of a Master. It feels like a configuration issue in Vera and FGS-223

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2017, 10:47:51 pm »
It's weird that this device acts like this?
Even the Black Cat/Philio has a Master parent with 2 child devices operating independently, which makes me wonder if there is something that Vera is not recognising on Inclusion.
Has anyone checked what the xml & json files are after Inclusion?
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline jono2g

« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2017, 12:24:22 am »
It's weird that this device acts like this?
Even the Black Cat/Philio has a Master parent with 2 child devices operating independently, which makes me wonder if there is something that Vera is not recognising on Inclusion.
Has anyone checked what the xml & json files are after Inclusion?

I agree, be interesting to compare the files of another brand added as a generic device that has a working master with the FGS-223 added as a generic also

Offline zedrally

« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2017, 12:37:17 am »
Generic files for Black Cat are

urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1

D_BinaryLight1.xml
D_BinaryLight1.json

There is no "I"  file.

This gives the following device.

Interested in seeing what is added by devices that Vera supposedly supports?
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline jono2g

« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2017, 12:53:23 am »
Generic files for Black Cat are

urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1

D_BinaryLight1.xml
D_BinaryLight1.json

There is no "I"  file.

This gives the following device.

Interested in seeing what is added by devices that Vera supposedly supports?

I get the same thing using the FGS-223

D_BinaryLight1.xml
D_BinaryLight1.json

and 3 devices in Vera (1 parent and 2 child devices)

Offline zedrally

« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2017, 12:57:10 am »
Just for a further comparison Multi Channel capabilities.

Offline jono2g

« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2017, 01:01:20 am »
I attached the FGS-223 MultiChCapabilities