Author Topic: Fibaro FGS-223 second channel not working with Vera Edge  (Read 15166 times)

Offline tash

Re: Fibaro FGS-223 second channel not working with Vera Edge
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2017, 09:12:15 am »
Hello all,
I have applied the procedure as per Sender's guide and it works fine in the created scenes but when activating the devices themselves this turns on/off both channels. E.g. Turning on or off _Appliance Module 1 turns both channels on or off. The same for the _Appliance Module 2. Is this the expected behavior or there is something wrong with my setup?
Regards,
Tash

Update on this...
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not, but I have added the 38 in the capabilities and now the devices are switching on/off just fine.

Offline agame

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2017, 05:35:23 am »
unbelievably happy sendr
....followed your advice re deleting capability
....how can vera not directly support such a fundamental device!
....needed both outputs to manage dry relay output for a warema external Venetian.  Now working brilliantly!!

Offline rotbard

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2017, 02:01:37 pm »
Was anyone able to delete the 3rd switch of the Fibaro FGS-223  on Vera hedge?
Moved it to ZZZ.... but best to delete it.

I found the answer...  need to run a Lua code:

luup.attr_set("invisible", 1, DEVICE_NUMBER)

The  "DEVICE_NUMBER" should be replaced by a number only.

You have to identify "father" and "sons" of the model under Settings because you don't want to delete the wrong one.
Find the  Device #   you need to delete,

Then on the menu:

* Apps
* Develop Apps
* Edit Startup Lua
*luup.attr_set("invisible", 1, DEVICE_NUMBER)
*GO

To un delete:
luup.attr_set("invisible","", DEVICE_NUMBER)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:48:04 am by rotbard »

Offline agame

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2017, 08:57:09 pm »
And now a new problem...

- I'm using the Fibaro Double Relay to interface a blind controller (Warema, that has two 240 volt inputs that require a pulse to activate the up/down commands respectively). I have configured each switch to 'auto-off' after one second.

But that doesn't seem to be happening reliably. (I'd rather not do this through scenes as the off command could be missed on a reboot etc.).

- Anyone had a similar problem?
- I cannot find any documentation of the difference between 'auto-off' and 'delay-off' (currently using auto-off). Does anyone understand the distinction???

Offline tash

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2017, 04:25:45 am »
unbelievably happy sendr
....followed your advice re deleting capability
....how can vera not directly support such a fundamental device!
....needed both outputs to manage dry relay output for a warema external Venetian.  Now working brilliantly!!
I highly encourage everybody to log tickets with vera for this. Here is the support link: http://support.getvera.com/customer/widget/emails/new?
 Who knows it might get some attention in the end.
This will reflect in a cost for them since they have to manage all of those, but will be essential to make them understand that vera has to cope with the basics first before getting to  I don't know what  cutting edge technology  integrations...
This is what  I got from their support as a response for my ticket:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Vera Control customer care.

We currently have this model on our radar but not for an early date. We still need to take care of some other integations such as Google Home, IFTTT and other devices that are in an advanced phase of the integration process. Please stay tuned to our social media to know more about future integrations.

twitter.com/veralovers
facebook.com/veracontrol

Regards,

Juan Pablo ▾ Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control "
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:28:40 am by tash »

Offline agame

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2017, 02:42:17 am »
as per my above posts I now have this working perfectly, following sender's instructions. so there is no reason to not use this switch if you are capable of fiddling with parameter settings.

I don't need second channel power monitoring (given I'm using used as a momentary relay to trigger another device).

Only caveat is haven't found the device responds as documented to certain parameter changes (e.g. auto off time).  I have seen very odd and seemingly unpredictable switching off behaviour. I've dealt with this in scenes/luup.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 05:38:29 am by agame »

Offline jeje13160

« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2017, 10:44:41 pm »
Hello,

When you say it's working perfectly after the different changes (38, new variable, Luup code),  don't you have a delay of few seconds (from 2 to 10!) sometimes when you (de)activate relay #1 ?
It seems to be due to secure commands which are not correctly understanded by the device (or vera)
I can read it in the tail -f Lua...log.

Thank for your answer.

Jerome
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:15:48 am by jeje13160 »

Offline ogudet

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2017, 08:47:48 am »
Thanks to Sender for the proposed solutions.
I've initially created the virtual switches and that works fine.
I've also tried to trigger the scene with the "real" switches, and that works fine, then there is no need to create virtual switches.
This will ease the transition when the Vera support will adapt the firmware to support this device.

This was done on a Vera Plus with the latest firmware.

Offline jeje13160

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2017, 10:07:03 am »
I've also tried to trigger the scene with the "real" switches, and that works fine, then there is no need to create virtual switches.
This will ease the transition when the Vera support will adapt the firmware to support this device.

You don't have a randomly but frequently slow reaction of the Vera when you activate the relays by scenes for example? Because I have this problem on vera3 and Vera plus. The last firmware haven't fixed this issue and I've still tried to have an answer from the vera support!

Online therealdb

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2017, 10:51:00 am »
Has anyone succeeded in getting response from double or triple clicks? I changed params 28 and 29 to 7, I can see from logs that the commands are sent, but only for the first channel. Second channel seems to always trigger single click.
In any case, sl_CentralScene seems to always be 1 for the first channel as well.

Offline ogudet

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2017, 03:27:46 am »

You don't have a randomly but frequently slow reaction of the Vera when you activate the relays by scenes for example? Because I have this problem on vera3 and Vera plus. The last firmware haven't fixed this issue and I've still tried to have an answer from the vera support!

I didn't notice the behaviour you mention

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2017, 05:51:05 am »
What I really do not understand is why this device is still not natively supported after several firmware updates.

What is the strategy of Vera in regards to zwave support?

http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/2846009
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2017, 07:12:40 pm »
I don't think it is only this device. It appears to be a common denominator in ANY 2 channel relay device that Vera attempts to support. After several months of CS fiddling and tweaking, I'm still waiting on a FW upgrade that properly supports Philio/Black Cat Double relays (yes they do work but you need to hassle CS to go into the unit and add some magic).

Frankly, it's a ridiculous situation as these devices are supported correctly by other HA Software, yet after this length of time there is no indication apart from it's on the to do list.

Having played with ZUNO and C+, it has become perfectly clear that VERA is not properly coded (or interpreting) for any 2 or more channels (MULTI_CHANNEL) SWITCH indicating a lack of being able to correctly implement Endpoints and is unable to support Instant Notifications (Lifeline Group) in MULTI_CHANNEL

Sadly, by not supporting even the most basic functions (COMMAND_CLASSES) properly renders VERA a play toy that can't be taken seriously by the hobbyist segment, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a resolution in the near future.

edit: resolved ambiguity BINARY_SWITCH / MULTI_CHANNEL SWITCH
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:52:21 pm by zedrally »
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline neptunix

« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2017, 07:19:54 am »
Hi everyone.
I've recently added 3 FGS-222 modules to Vera Plus (UI7) and can state that they work out of the box.
I have 3 devices: master + slave 1 + slave 2.
I use slave 1 and slave 2 to control channels Q1 and Q2 respectively and using physical buttons toggles the state in Vera just fine.
But I don't see any power metering even for first channel. I've read the thread and looks like everyone has power metering with no additional settings. Do I miss something?

Offline RitterIwan

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2017, 07:30:16 am »
Hi neptunix,

the FGS-222 (the predecessor of FGS-223) indeed runs out the box. But it doesn't have any energy measuring functionality.
The power metering was introduced with the FGS-223. That's why you don't see the current power for the channels.