Author Topic: Fibaro FGS-223 second channel not working with Vera Edge  (Read 17539 times)

Offline Almighty

Re: Fibaro FGS-223 second channel not working with Vera Edge
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2017, 03:47:08 am »
So what is the current state? I'm going to need another double switch for my home and I'd like to use FGS-223 and both its channels. I don't care about the power monitoring, but I'd like to use double click to launch scenes, is this well implemented? Thanks

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2017, 03:49:48 am »
So what is the current state? I'm going to need another double switch for my home and I'd like to use FGS-223 and both its channels. I don't care about the power monitoring, but I'd like to use double click to launch scenes, is this well implemented? Thanks

Yes, if you follow this thread it works.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline Almighty

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2017, 04:01:53 am »
I read the whole thread but I didn't find any sign of the double click being supported. Also it seemed to me that I need to make several workarounds (luup, configuration hacks) in order to get the basic functionality.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2017, 04:20:43 am »
I read the whole thread but I didn't find any sign of the double click being supported. Also it seemed to me that I need to make several workarounds (luup, configuration hacks) in order to get the basic functionality.

Double click to launch scenes. You can do that via PLEG, not native via the device.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline Almighty

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2017, 05:08:27 am »
Double click to launch scenes. You can do that via PLEG, not native via the device.
Can PLEG work with the native functionality described in the attached manual screenshot? I think that this is also worth of native implementation into basic Vera interface.

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2017, 01:03:48 pm »
Can PLEG work with the native functionality described in the attached manual screenshot? I think that this is also worth of native implementation into basic Vera interface.

You can alway do control of device properties in Vera. Alternatively you can use PLEG to use Device values in Vera.

Offline Robinbb

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2017, 05:32:23 am »
Thanks SOSO much people.  I am just getting started and this thread was a lifesaver!

Offline berez

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2017, 06:11:57 pm »
Hi

I have followed SENDER procedure, and I am able to control the child switches through vera and see the power consumption of the first channel. However, the status of the child devices does not get updated, only the status of the master is updated according to the first channel.

appreciate any help.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:54:33 pm by berez »

Offline Gadil

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2017, 06:34:22 am »
Hi,
I followed all the steps in this thread (SENDER and the rest - thanks), and would like to make sure that these are the expected results :
1. See attached picture
2. I can see the WATS only in the parent
3. The parent turns off/on ONLY the first switch (_Appliance Module) - I would expect it to turn off/on both of them simultaneously

Thanks,
Gadi

Offline Gadil

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2017, 06:36:47 am »
Hi,
I followed all the steps in this thread (SENDER and the rest - thanks), and would like to make sure that these are the expected results :
1. See attached picture
2. I can see the WATS only in the parent
3. The parent turns off/on ONLY the first switch (_Appliance Module) - I would expect it to turn off/on both of them simultaneously

Thanks,
Gadi

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2017, 06:42:38 am »
There seems to be a fibaro update for reporting the WATTs in the 2nd channel. But unfortunately I cant update device firmware with vera..

Offline berez

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2017, 09:06:00 am »
There is no way to update fibaro module firmware through vera? bummer.

For me its mot just the Watt report for the second channel, its also the on/off indication. Is it support to work with the variables modifications?

thanks

Offline rge

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2017, 05:30:01 am »
There is a way, but it has to be sanctioned by MCV it isn't driven by users.

If there is definitely a firmware update then we should ask MCV to enable it.

I'm not sure how this is done, other than maybe raising a support ticket?

Offline BradyzNZ

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2017, 05:27:29 pm »
I followed the steps in here to get my FGS-233 working and it was fine for about a week but now the second channel won't turn off at all. The UI toggles on/off but the lights stay on. The other channel is controlling LED down lights and still works fine. Could this be caused by bad config or do I have a faulty switch unit?

Offline tash

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2017, 05:54:45 am »
Hello all,
I have applied the procedure as per Sender's guide and it works fine in the created scenes but when activating the devices themselves this turns on/off both channels. E.g. Turning on or off _Appliance Module 1 turns both channels on or off. The same for the _Appliance Module 2. Is this the expected behavior or there is something wrong with my setup?
Regards,
Tash