We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ZeroBrane Studio for Vera v1.40 is out -- Lua IDE for debugging on Vera devices  (Read 1005 times)

Offline paulclinger

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce the release of the new version of ZeroBrane Studio for Vera (v1.40): https://studio.zerobrane.com/vera . The new version includes Vera integration improvements as well as the IDE functionality changes. If you want to skip the details, install the new version (I recommend a clean install in a new folder), copy any settings you have in "Edit | Preferences | Settings: System", and start the IDE. You can still run the old and the new version side by side and they will even share the same config.

The updated version includes support for VeraPlus devices (and continues supporting VeraEdge, VeraLite, and Vera 3 devices) and improves auto-detection of connected devices using UI6 and UI7 (to minimize manual config changes required). It's been tested with a recent firmware version (1.7.2138). It also fixes some of the issues with breakpoints that have been noticed by the forum users (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,30049.msg214446.html#msg214446).

Some of the IDE changes that happened since the last release:
 -  Added fuzzy search with Go To File, Go To Symbol, Go To Line, and Insert Library Function.
 -  Added symbol indexing of project files for project-wide search.
 -  Added tracking file system changes in the project tree to auto-refresh it.
 -  Added markers panel to show and navigate bookmarks and breakpoints.
 -  Added saving/restoring bookmarks and breakpoints.
 -  Added breakpoint prev/next navigation (Project | Breakpoint menu).
 -  Added printing of editor tabs and Console/Output windows (available on Windows and OSX).
 -  Added ability to load/save files with invalid UTF-8 encoded characters.
 -  Added opening files on drag-n-drop on Linux and on dock icon on OSX.
 -  Redesigned search functionality; added incremental search and replace-in-files preview.
 -  Updated Windows launcher to add dpi awareness for high dpi monitors.
 -  (Incompatibility) Changed Toggle Breakpoint shortcut from F9 to Ctrl/Cmd-F9.

Since some of the recent firmware changes break the functionality of the previous IDE version, anyone who bought ZBS4V is eligible for this upgrade and can access the new version by using the URL from the confirmation email. If you don't have the URL, let me know via email (include the registration key or the email you used for the purchase) and I'll help you with that.

Thanks to all of you who provided their feedback and suggestions on how to improve the product! Please let me know if you run into any issues with the new version as I only have VeraLite and VeraPlus devices and have not been able to test it on various combinations of devices and firmware versions.

Paul.