Author Topic: Moved to VeraPlus, more woes. "Can't Detect Device"  (Read 1133 times)

Offline johnes

Moved to VeraPlus, more woes. "Can't Detect Device"
« on: September 06, 2016, 01:16:36 am »
I have a bunch of Aeon Door Sensors that I use... D_DoorSensor1.json

After moving to VeraPlus from Vera3, every one of them says "Can't Detect Device".  Some report status, all report current battery life.

I've already had to exclude and re-include every. single. motion. sensor. And then update the names, update PLEG, etc.

I'd rather not have to do the same with these.

Can anyone help?

Offline Tilade

Re: Moved to VeraPlus, more woes. "Can't Detect Device"
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 01:44:05 pm »
Before I elected to upgrade my unit (which is now seemingly a paperweight), I had to manually remove the battery from my sensors and put it back in.  I remember when I installed these in my home that a setup signal is initially sent upon powerup.  Try that and see if it works.

Offline johnes

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 02:57:37 pm »
Oh, cool... I'll see what happens, thanks!

Offline johnes

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 10:09:57 am »
Unfortunately, that only worked for some of them, and the ones that it did work for, well, they don't report status anymore.  Gonna have to exclude and re-include.

Offline jimhanseng

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 12:49:00 pm »
I feel your pain.  I have the exact same problems with AOTEC multi sensors.  "Can't Detect Device".  After a while, one of them just disappeared from my VeraPlus.  Vera Support had me plug the device into a USB Power source instead of batteries then un-pair and then re-pair. (this was the FORTH time re-pairing of this device).  It configured very quickly, got the fifth new device ID and after I change all my scripts to use the new ID, all seemed well.  Overnight I started getting the "Can't Detect Device" error.

I have a VeraLite for two years prior using the same Z-Wave hardware and NEVER had such problems.

I am also experiencing delays up to 5 seconds for devices to respond.  Personally, I am completely disappointed and frustrated with the VeraPlus.  Much of this can be UI7 as I was on UI5 when I was on the VeraLite.

Offline johnes

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 10:14:30 am »
I ended up having to unpair and reinclude EVERY single battery powered device.  That's ridiculous, and had I known, I would have skipped the whole upgrading process, or just kept the Vera3 going.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 09:38:16 pm »
Today, I set the polling of my 2 battery sensors to default polling (z-wave polling is set to 60) and I have had NO can't detect device errors for a couple of hours.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.