Author Topic: Fibaro button vera support...?  (Read 13970 times)

Offline chewbaccadk

Re: Fibaro button vera support...?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 11:46:54 am »
Ive got it working with two out of the 6 actions

1 click and 2 clicks.

On the scene setup pick the button as the trigger and then when it asks for the scene controller settings I picked the following.

Whenever Fibaro Button...
A scene is activated
Which scene number
How is the button pressed
The key is pressed 1 time.

The button always works on scene 1 and then key presses after that.

Thank you - it helped me get the button to work with a scene.   :)

Offline lgb2000

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 08:04:50 am »
It would appear that the Button does not conform to the Z-Wave command class structure that allows Z-Wave devices to be plug and play. That is becoming more and more previlant with Z-Wave Plus devices. Usually you can get limited functionality if you pair via the standard method vs the secure method.

I have mentioned this device to the Device Integration Team.

Hi Marc, as we are now over a month on, are you able to offer a rough timescale for when this device will be properly supported please?

Offline swae

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 03:28:43 pm »
I am also wondering when the button will be supported.

Offline tobybennett

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2016, 02:28:48 pm »
Anybody have an update to when the button will be supported by Vera? I can't even get it to activate a scene...

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 06:01:42 am »
To those who have managed to get it working, do you have it working on single press EVERY time?

I want to put one in my bathroom to enable "bath mode" to ignore the motion sensor for the lights and turn my towel rail temperature up.

Offline jakki

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 04:33:27 pm »
All press modes can be activated by changing the device type to a scene controller, and using a customized json file.

The Fibaro Button seems to set a variable "sl_CentralSceneAttr" to different values depending on how the button was pressed. Values are as follows: 0=one click, 1=hold and release, 2=button is being held (set to -> 1 when released), 3=double click, 4=three clicks, 5=four clicks, 6=five clicks. Scene number (variable "sl_CentralScene") seems to always be 1.

To anyone who's interested, here's how I made it work:

I've made a quick and dirty json for enabling all the press modes. Get the file from http://pastebin.com/raw/9BgxNkyj and save it as D_FibaroButton1.json

- Upload the json file to you Vera: Apps -> Develop Apps -> Luup Files -> Upload

- Then go to Devices -> Your Button -> Advanced, and change the following fields:

device_type: urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:SceneController:1
device_file: D_SceneController1.xml
device_json: D_FibaroButton1.json

- To reload the luup engine, go to Apps -> Develop Apps ->Test Luup code (Lua), and write "luup.reload()" (without the quotes) to the code field and press GO (btw, is there an easier way to do this?).

You can now create scenes for different press modes by entering scene number "1" to "Which scene number" field and selecting the appropriate press mode from the dropdown menu, under the "Whenever a scene is activated" option.

Hope this helps anyone struggling with Fibaro Button and Vera!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:36:06 pm by jakki »

Offline dirtbikr

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 03:35:03 pm »

- To reload the luup engine, go to Apps -> Develop Apps ->Test Luup code (Lua), and write "luup.reload()" (without the quotes) to the code field and press GO (btw, is there an easier way to do this?).

You can go to Apps -> Develop Apps -> Edit Startup Lua and press "GO". Not much shorter but forces the reload without having to type anything.

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 04:23:26 pm »
Thanks for that buddy

Offline haldamager

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 06:12:17 pm »
Hi I tried your fix for the fibaro button but I can't seem to get it working... (I am also completely new to this z-wave thing...)
I got as far as getting the file in and changing the button to a scene controller but when I want to make a scene I have to type a scene into the settings?...
It looks like this:

Whenever My Button...
A scene is activated
   Which scene number (Here I can only type a number but I don't know what to type)
   How is the button pressed: "The key is pressed 1 time" (Scroll down menu)

I am a bit clueless here so I hope you can assist  ;D THX

Offline tonycolin

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 04:41:54 am »
I have tried Jakki's solution and although I can activate a scene with one click, I cannot manage to achieve a second scene (with two clicks).  All that happens is the first scene runs again. 

Is there something I'm missing?  I have the scene number set to 1 (tried 2, no luck).

An email to MCV support elicited the following response:

<<I've addressed this to my colleagues from the development department and since we've received various requests to integrate this device with our system, we will look into it but I don't have an ETA for when it will be released.>>

Christmas is coming!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:40:50 am by tonycolin »

Offline haldamager

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2016, 05:29:31 am »
That is good news, especially for a newbie like myself  :D

I don't if the team is reading this but it would be great if the integration supports some kind of toggle mode. (1 press for "on" 1 press for "off")
The same way as the inputs on the Fibaro RGBW controllers or the Fibaro Dual switch.

That way it would be easy to integrate the button into an excisting lighting installation using it for both scenario activation as well as light on/off.

@Jakki

Wich fw version has your button?

My button is fw: 3.2
And i think there is something different, i can't get the button to act like a SceneController.

Everytime i press the button i get this log:

11/28/16 5:42:26.191    ZWaveNode::HandlePollUpdate_Alarm node 8 device 46 v1type: 0 v1level: 0 source: 0 status: 255 type: 7 event: 2 parms: 0 code: (null) <0x76ece520>
06      11/28/16 5:42:26.431    Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 46 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1 variable: sl_CentralScene was: 1 now: 1 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x76ece520>
02      11/28/16 5:42:26.671    ZWaveNode::HandlePollUpdate_Basic_Set node 8 device 46 unhandled <0x76ece520>
02      11/28/16 5:42:26.861    ZWaveNode::HandlePollUpdate_Basic_Set node 8 device 46 unhandled <0x76ece520>
06      11/28/16 5:42:27.051    Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 46 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1 variable: sl_TamperAlarm was: 0 now: 1 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:0x89e6e8/SL_TAMPERALARM duplicate:0 <0x76ece520>
06      11/28/16 5:42:27.051    Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 46 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1 variable: LastTamper was: 1480277759 now: 1480308147 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x76ece520>

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 11:44:15 pm by haldamager »

Offline MarcelVeraPlus

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »
Thanks for all the information about connecting the Fibaro Button with the Vera Plus Controller.

I have a Fibaro Button running perfectly on the Vera Plus Controller.

I couldn't do this without the messages before this message.

Thanks to everyone for your help !

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:08:49 pm by MarcelVeraPlus »

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2016, 01:43:39 am »
I followed the above advice to the letter but I only have single press working.

To be fair I'm happy enough with that as that's all I bought it for.

Offline lgb2000

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 10:35:58 am »
My button works fine using a single press to activate a scene, however Vera permanently has the device as 'no longer connected' which is annoying because I like the green happy face!  Does anyone else have this issue, or is there a way to override the device detection for the button to stop it being reported as offline?

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 12:45:43 pm »
Mine does the same, as does my alarm keypad.

The only solution is to not bother using the Vera page or app other than to add devices.
Use a different app to interact with it.