We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: iVera Free is now available on AppStore  (Read 7043 times)

Offline iVera

iVera Free is now available on AppStore
« on: July 15, 2010, 05:08:06 pm »
This was originally posted in "Vera Setup & Usage" but for those who missed it:

iVera Free has finally been accepted on the AppStore!!

This free version of iVera allows you to control two lights and scenes (note that your other devices will not be showed - that was part of the complaint from Apple's reviewer).

In order to still be able to experience iVera's different functionalities and supported devices, a "demo mode" was embedded within iVera. Go to Settings->Advanced and switch demo mode ON to see what iVera could really look like!

You can get your copy at :

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ivera-free/id377809572?mt=8
iVera ... control your house!
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline markiper

Re: iVera Free is now available on AppStore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 06:12:59 pm »
Thanks iVera for the free app.  Now I have better idea of how the application looks, and I think it might be the right one for me as it makes things simple; but I must ask, any plans for releasing the same up for the iPad?  Having to zoom the application makes it looks distorted and it will be great to take advantage of the extra screen space for other information.  If you have had an iPad version available, I would have purchased it today after the free test.

Offline iVera

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:04:50 pm »
Yes, an iPad version is planned but support for UI4 and iOS4 as well as some new features are currently higher in the priority list.
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 05:24:04 pm »
That answers my question about UI4 support, and explains why it doesn't work for me now.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline iVera

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 05:56:52 pm »
With UI4, local access should work normally, however remote access is not currently accessible.
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline shady

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 06:23:38 pm »
Hmm, does it require a certain version of OS on the iTouch?  It doesn't seem to be working and is crashing back to the home screen when I try to turn off Demo mode.  All I did was put in Vera's IP address and it wouldn't find Vera, red dot, then I tried enabling Demo Mode, dot went to green, but I can't select anything in Demo and it crashes.

Thanks
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline iVera

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 06:30:27 pm »
Could you try to "Reset All Settings" and give it another shot please?

When you are on your local network (and MCV's findvera.com server is up), iVera should detect your Vera IP for you.
Also, iVera requires iOS3.0 or better (Vera firmware UI3 is currently recommended).
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline shady

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 06:52:42 pm »
2 more tries and I got it.  I didn't ever auto-detect, but if I started in Local (other times left it in auto) an put in the IP, it connected.  Thanks for the help.

Does it randomly pick 2 lights to control in the free version?  I want to test it with a particular device before buying, thanks.

Offline iVera

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 07:03:29 pm »
Sorry, I should have mentioned this as well, the command to automatically detect your local IP in iVera connects to findvera.com, which may not work anymore with UI4 (http://findvera.com/localips.php). But since Remote access does not currently work with UI4, you can indeed set it to Local (instead of Auto) and this should work fine.

The free version will select the first two lights it discovers (not randomly picked at each start). However, you might be able to move your particular device within UI4's web page into a different room (ie, one you currently see in iVera Free's Lights section) and that could work. Hope this helps.
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline zean

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 01:58:44 pm »
What does the camera tab do? Does anyone have experience with ivera and an ip camera?
vera 2 + 3; (2) tz43; (2) vrp03-1lw; (10) vrI06-1lx; ivera

Offline iVera

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 05:02:54 pm »
Once you have installed and setup a camera in your Vera system, iVera will allow you to view your camera's picture, control it (pan/tilt/zoom) and email yourself a snapshot.
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline SKB

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 03:21:26 am »
When you select More that screen has an Edit button, but when I select Edit it brings up a Configure screen but doesn't let you do anything. You can't open any of the icons and you can't move them. What is the function of this Edit screen?

Offline iVera

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 10:58:22 am »
The Edit button in the More section allows you to reorganize the section icons in the bottom bar.

Once you clicked on Edit, drag and drop any icon from the main screen into the bottom tab bar.

For example if you would like to replace the Home button with the Cameras one, click and hold the camera icon and move it where the Home button is at the bottom of the screen. Click done when you are finished.
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline SKB

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 03:02:44 pm »
Just tried it and it worked just as you said. Thanks!

What's the status of the iOS4 update? Is that something we'll be seeing soon?

Offline iVera

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 08:15:39 pm »
Glad to hear SKB!

An iVera software update (1.0.1) was sent to Apple with full UI4 support, as well as support for some new devices and some bug fixes. It is currently "in review" at Apple and as soon as approved, it will be available for download on the AppStore.

Unfortunately iOS4 support didn't make it into this release but is now on top of the priority list, so hopefully it will not take too long and will be available in the following software update (1.0.2).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 08:20:09 pm by iVera »
www.thinkiwi.com