Author Topic: Board for LG 3 Wire  (Read 847 times)

Offline doinitsideways

Re: Board for LG 3 Wire
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 11:53:54 pm »
Andrew,

I ordered the optoisolator off eBay... so they and the Zuno are on the way... I?ll swing through Jaycar for some other bits and pieces when they get here.

👍🏽

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline elnino

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 07:51:54 pm »
I could loan you a Black Cat UZB which is a static controller but you would need to download free software such as Homeseer 930day), OpenHAB etc off the net.
Probably not ideal as Josh is using Vera as a HAC.

I am running OpenHAB at my place already so it would be relatively easy to test/implement I would have thought. It's an option if OP want's to go that route...

Offline doinitsideways

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 09:31:53 pm »
If you want to send me the Z-Uno, I should be able to program it up and board up the interface to at least talk with he LG unit - I have a CNC machine that I can use to make PCbs so it would be a proper solution.  However, I can't test the z-wave unless you have something else you can send me to test it with (or someone else here).  If nothing else, it would give us a good base point that we could then build up the z-wave stuff.

Up to you though, just trying to come up with a workable solution for you.

You should be able to find the parts you need at Jaycar to at least breadboard the interface up but I am not sure if they sell the opto-isolator.

I also have a logic analyser that we can use to test the baud rate but looking at the code for the softwareserial implementation it should work.

FFS: How many posts do I have to get to on this forum before I don't need to answer all the questions before I can post anything!!!???

Hi Andrew,
 Picked everything up today and bread boarded it, I took the logic converter to 3.3v as the z-uno only likes 3.3 from what I can read.

I was toying with the idea of trying to buy or borrow someone?s old vera unit to send to you as well...???

Josh

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 10:31:19 pm »

I was toying with the idea of trying to buy or borrow someone?s old vera unit to send to you as well... ???

Josh

The problem is that it can't be any old unit as the earlier ones are not Z-Wave Plus radio (Z-Wave Plus SDK, GEN 5 Chipset, whatever...).
If is was possible to use a Z-Wave HAC, then there are plenty to be had as many have been discarded to make way for new tech (Z-Wave Plus). I've got a Vera G that used to be useful as a Sandbox, your welcome to it but it won't work with any of the newer devices.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline doinitsideways

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 10:37:25 pm »
Does the vera lite support z-wave plus???

ive asked over at the upgrades forum page for anyone willing to part with an old lite or edge for a month for some $$$

Offline zedrally

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 10:50:29 pm »
Your're confusing FW with Hardware.

The Lite, Vera 3 and Vera G have a 300 series chipset verses the current production models that use a 500 series.

UI7 FW will run on a Lite or Vera 3, but it's the new 500 series devices that will not be detected or included.
Z-UNO is based on a 500 series SDK so it just won't work.
One way around that problem is to use a Gen 5 UZB like the Black Cat with a Lite or Vera 3, I've tried this with the G, but was unable to get it to work due to a manufacturer lock (not Mios, but that's another story).
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline zedrally

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2018, 10:54:11 pm »
I could loan you a Black Cat UZB which is a static controller but you would need to download free software such as Homeseer 930day), OpenHAB etc off the net.
Probably not ideal as Josh is using Vera as a HAC.

I am running OpenHAB at my place already so it would be relatively easy to test/implement I would have thought. It's an option if OP want's to go that route...

I'm happy to loan you a UZB, it works well with OpenHAB. PM me for details.