Author Topic: Z-Uno  (Read 2640 times)

Offline pjpankhurst

Re: Z-Uno
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 04:06:51 am »
I found the learning curve in C++ was the hardest, although nearly all of the functions are simply copy & paste. It's just getting them the right order!

I'm still in the curve but the possibilities that Z-Uno gives is very exciting in particular the possibility of a central room device that can monitor, control power to multiple devices & sense. The 10 channel example is a great introduction to the possibilities.

I've seen a couple of posts about z uno using C++, it doesn't, it is based on C which is a lot simpler as it is non object oriented.

Offline poordom

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2017, 06:49:48 pm »
Crazy question, about C.

Which primary language is used by the Arduino / Z-Uno.

Dom

Offline pjpankhurst

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2017, 02:14:47 pm »
The language reference for Arduino is here:

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/HomePage

The z-uno one is based on this, and can be found here:

https://z-uno.z-wave.me/Reference/

The definitive reference for the C Language is the book written by Kernighan & Ritchie

Offline Stiansen

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2017, 02:35:59 am »
Hi

Have any of you had problems adding the z-uno again after excluding it? I cant get the Vera to accept the z-uno inclusion after deleting it from Vera. I have tried to reset the zuno and also a recover. On Vera I have tried to go back to an earlier backup to see if a new z-network would work. No solution there either.. I tried to upload different sketches as well but that did not help either.

I have no idea what to do now, dont want to buy a new one either since the zuno seems fine.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 02:38:16 am by Stiansen »

Offline Michal

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 07:10:01 am »
Hi

Have any of you had problems adding the z-uno again after excluding it? I cant get the Vera to accept the z-uno inclusion after deleting it from Vera. I have tried to reset the zuno and also a recover. On Vera I have tried to go back to an earlier backup to see if a new z-network would work. No solution there either.. I tried to upload different sketches as well but that did not help either.

I have no idea what to do now, dont want to buy a new one either since the zuno seems fine.

Make sure that you have set the right Z-wave frequency band in Arduino IDE (EU/US/RU/etc). By default it is Russia!

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 04:44:51 pm »
I also have experienced this with Vera.
My diagnosis was that if hadn't been Excluded or the Exclusion process was not complete.
The solution was to Exclude Z-UNO with HomeSeer.
No more problems after that. For reasons unknown the Vera Inclusion/Exclusion process is not robust and in some cases requires multiple attempts before the device is off the network after which it can be included easily.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Stiansen

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2017, 08:08:07 am »
Thanks for replies!

Will check the frequency setting today but since I got it included the first time I assume its set to Europe.

The problem happened when I uploaded a new sketch without excluding the zuno. After that it was not detected by Vera anymore. In the end I had to delete it from Vera since I had no way of contacting the zuno. I went back to a backup from way before the zuno to see if that helped (old z-wave network), and thus trying to eliminate Vera as the problem. That did not work either so I have my doubts regarding the zuno reset/recover function not working properly..

Have thought of one last attempt: Thinking of taking a full backup of Vera, deleting the z-wave network completely and check if the zuno will then get included. That way I can 100% write off Vera if it still doesn't work.

Tried contacting the zuno guys as well without any response..

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 03:24:22 pm »
If you are using Windows 10 OS the latest update has updated the usb driver to a version that does not work with ZUNO, I have had reports of the uzbser.sys failing which causes no COMM with the ZUNO.
Roll back to the original driver results in communication restored.
Attached copy of the original which works, you need to rename .txt to .sys

EDIT: If you want an answer from the Z Wave guys you need to post a forum topic. PM's often go missing.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:30:01 pm by zedrally »
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Stiansen

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 02:16:40 am »
Thank you thank you!!

Got it working last night and I have to embarrassingly admit that it was set to Russian frequency..... I opened a new window in Arduino IDE when I uploaded the second sketch, then it probably changed to Russian by default. But thank you again for the support! :)

Now got it up and running with 4 channels and temp&humidity. Pretty great.

However, I got one small problem. I have not got my 4 channel relay yet (plan is to control the ventilation system), but do you guys know why my outputs are inverted? I have connected diodes but when I set the digital output high the diode turns off, and on when I turn the output low. Also need to pulse the output signal since I just want it to send a control signal to turn on different settings.