We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Show notification in pop-up on Android  (Read 1451 times)

Offline kevink619

Show notification in pop-up on Android
« on: September 22, 2016, 02:37:16 pm »
Hi,

Is there any way to have a notification preview show in Android when an alert comes in? I'd like to see the alert in a pop-up as soon as it arrives.

Thanks,

Kevin

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Re: Show notification in pop-up on Android
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 02:57:27 pm »
Hi,

Is there any way to have a notification preview show in Android when an alert comes in? I'd like to see the alert in a pop-up as soon as it arrives.

Thanks,

Kevin

Maybe I don't understand but you should already get alerts with Vera Alerts. It pops up same as text message, email or any other alert on your phone.

Offline kevink619

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 06:22:17 pm »
Hi,

Thanks,

Kevin

Maybe I don't understand but you should already get alerts with Vera Alerts. It pops up same as text message, email or any other alert on your phone.

On my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, I get the alerts just fine, but I don't see the pop-up balloon/overlay that would allow me to read the alert without having to click on it. I've made sure to enable the alerts permissions.

Kevin

Offline kevink619

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 04:53:22 pm »
Hi,

I'm otherwise really liking the VeraAlerts plugin. It's easy to use and has been very reliable.

Thanks,

Kevin

On my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, I get the alerts just fine, but I don't see the pop-up balloon/overlay that would allow me to read the alert without having to click on it. I've made sure to enable the alerts permissions.

Kevin

I found out via another thread that this functionality isn't implemented. As someone suggested elsewhere, I ended up using Tasker to display the VeraAlert notifications in a pop-up balloon on my phone in the meantime.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:55:21 pm by kevink619 »