We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: OpenHAB, Vera and Locks  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Kmitchel

OpenHAB, Vera and Locks
« on: September 28, 2016, 09:19:47 am »
I discovered that OpenHAB cannot support locks right now.  I had a scene under UI 5 that would turn on certain lights when a pin code is entered.  That scene stopped working when UI7 stopped working with my 30+ GE Link lights.

I've begun to migrate everything over to OpenHAB in order to control my lights, is it possible to keep my lock on Vera, but have it trigger a scene in OpenHAB to turn on the lights if a code is entered?

Offline RHINESEL

Re: OpenHAB, Vera and Locks
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 04:31:58 pm »
Should be possible. I run my locks on Vera via the MiOS Binding  and other things on OH1.

Offline guessed

• Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 12:47:06 pm »
The MiOS Item Generator will build the openHAB Items needed to "see" the bits of the ZWave Door lock that's paired with Vera.

You'll get access to both the locked/unlocked status of it (see example in the Wiki page) as well as events relating to who unlocked it (if your lock supports that today, under MiOS).  To work-around some quirks in Vera, you may need the solution posed in:
    https://github.com/openhab/openhab/issues/4009#issuecomment-186690606

Up until a few months ago, I was using a Z-Wave door lock in this way.

As you remove devices from Vera's Z-Wave network, it'll become weaker (mesh-wise) so you may need to move Vera itself closer to the Door lock to keep it within range.  YMMV here.

Offline Kmitchel

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 10:20:31 am »
The MiOS Item Generator will build the openHAB Items needed to "see" the bits of the ZWave Door lock that's paired with Vera.

Awesome, just what I needed to know!

Thanks a million!