We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Controller did not respond  (Read 2115 times)

Offline CudaNet

  • Beta Testers
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1401
  • Karma: +42/-11
  • Chimichanga !
Re: Controller did not respond
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 06:45:31 pm »
Glad to hear you're not running a release candidate. It looks as if you ruled out my second though which was a saturated system due to a shared bus for LAN and USB (you indicated WiFi didn't alleviate the issue). Curious to see what Chrome debugger tells us...

We could always move testing to an Oracle Virtual running Debian Jessie with the UZB mounted.

I'm using 2.2.4.  No major issues as far as I can tell - at least for my limited system with the UZB.  I think the problem I have is with LAN access to the OpenLuup server, not from the OpenLuup server to the Zway.  When OpenLuup is running without connections from Altui it runs fine and I have no errors in the log.  I tried Imperihome and it connected and showed similar receive error messages.  So I don't think this is related to Altui.
openLuup, AltUI, Zway and HomeWave, enough said...

Offline jswim788

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 809
  • Karma: +58/-2
Re: Controller did not respond
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 12:32:00 am »
Back to this issue.  I've learned that the receive errors are happening when the browser does a status request.  Here's a sample:

  http://<IP>:3480/data_request?id=lu_status2&output_format=json&DataVersion=356762269&Timeout=60&MinimumDelay=1500&_=NNNNN

This can take up to 20 seconds.  Chrome finally sees the data and says the response is 200 (I believe that is good), yet at that very moment I see the error logged on the openLuup side.  If I grab the request above and reload it in the browser, it sometimes takes up to 20 seconds, but after a repeat or two, it becomes very quick.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:38:15 am by jswim788 »

Offline akbooer

  • Moderator
  • Master Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6387
  • Karma: +292/-70
  • "Less is more"
Re: Controller did not respond
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 02:26:11 am »
This is standard, and correct, behaviour.  openLuup will not respond until something in the system has changed.  The MinimumDelay parameter of 1500 means that it will anyway delay 1.5 seconds.  The Timeout parameter of 60 means that it will respond after a minute even if nothing happens.

Try that request without those two parameters, and the response should be immediate.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.