Author Topic: UI7 1.7.855 Firmware Crashing VeraLite  (Read 2223 times)

Offline aaronsquire

UI7 1.7.855 Firmware Crashing VeraLite
« on: October 20, 2016, 05:37:41 pm »
Veralite won't reboot after installing the Veralite 1.7.855 Firmware update.

So I: Flashed controller back to factory UI5
Updated back to UI7. I had 1.7.649 of UI7 working on the unit. Again tried to install latest firmware and now the blue power light flashes for a few seconds and then unit powers off. Controller never starts. 

Running Version 1.7.649 Works
Latest Version 1.7.855 Crashes Unit
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:43:43 pm by aaronsquire »
Thanks!

Offline LindsiWains

UI7 1 7 855 Firmware Crashing VeraLite
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 03:46:56 pm »
Has anyone used this firmware with a 460 and expansion card?  My expansion card doesnt seem to be working now.

Thanks,

Pete

Edit: needed to powercycle after updating

Offline jsfaje

Re: UI7 1.7.855 Firmware Crashing VeraLite
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 01:08:24 pm »
Last firmware update killed my Vera3. Won't boot.  >:(

Marc Shenker

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 05:02:02 pm »
Last firmware update killed my Vera3. Won't boot.  >:(

The best thing to do is to contact Customer Care, support@getvera.com and CC me.

They have access to your last saved configuration so that it can be restored into your Vera 3.

Offline scraejtp

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 07:49:39 pm »
Yep, spent a few hours fixing the unit.  ::) Was just adding a new device and decided, why not give them a chance and update the firmware for the first time in over a year.

Had to firmware flash the unit back to UI5 (and get an XP computer apparently) and then come back to UI7. And then finally load back in the backup I created.

Wish I had seen the 50% off sale on HomeSeer. I will be making the jump as I am reminded of how poorly the Vera systems are managed until I have to interface with it again. I currently have it performing very few tasks as it often seems to disappoint.

Offline aaronsquire

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 07:33:21 pm »
Yep, spent a few hours fixing the unit.  ::) Was just adding a new device and decided, why not give them a chance and update the firmware for the first time in over a year.

Had to firmware flash the unit back to UI5 (and get an XP computer apparently) and then come back to UI7. And then finally load back in the backup I created.

Wish I had seen the 50% off sale on HomeSeer. I will be making the jump as I am reminded of how poorly the Vera systems are managed until I have to interface with it again. I currently have it performing very few tasks as it often seems to disappoint.

I think I am going to have to say farewell to Vera. Been fighting this for months. With the old firmware most of my devices now say they can't detect device. If I update to the latest firmware or even the beta firmware unit crashes. I never got a response from support in October and doubt I will get a response to my email yesterday. I'm going to flash it one last time just long enough to unlink all my devices so I can move them to different controller.
Thanks!