We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: What setting controls if or how often imperihome polls vera for device status?  (Read 1125 times)

Offline treetop777

I noticed something today that got me to thinking:  I got a notification that a pin code was entered in my front door lock; when i got back home about a half hour later (i entered the house through the back door), i took a glance at the panel running imperihome and the status for the door lock was "LOCKED".  Knowing the person that unlocked it, it seemed unlikely that they would lock it back so i went and looked, it was UNLOCKED.  Right away i went to the panel but it was still showing "LOCKED"

I observed the little circle that pops up every few seconds showing it's updating but the status of the door lock didn't change.  Only after i hit the reload button did the status update to the correct UNLOCKED status.

I used to think that when that circle poped-up, imperihome was polling vera to obtain status, but based on this experience, i'm not sure.

How do i make sure imperihome polls Vera for the REAL device status.  Or was this just a glitch??

Offline bucko

On my Android devices I found that some apps can crash while the OS appears to be working fine. Unlike IOS devices, a system crash makes everything go sideways.
So with Android you can actually have 1 or 2 apps open when actually they are not functioning. I got a program that will reboot my Android automatically at the time you set up. I dont recall the app name since I just replaced my phone and I did not install it yet.

But if you have any anomalies like you experiences, reboot first. Your HA stuff is probably working ok.
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline treetop777

Yeah, i probably will turn on the "auto reboot" (android) app again.

EDIT:  Having the tablet reboot every day didn't help but finally i just happend to *UN*-check the setting "Autodetect Vera conf. changes" and it started working.

Now, imperihome updates to the real device status soon after vera updates the status.

Just in case somebody else run into the same problem.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:44:46 pm by treetop777 »