Author Topic: Wansview W2  (Read 958 times)

Offline Nameless

Wansview W2
« on: October 27, 2016, 12:52:40 am »
I picked up one of these outdoor cams through an Amazon lightning deal for $55. Not expecting much from it, but am surprised how high of quality the picture is. Of course, the software built in and the optional software is next to junk. Once you get past the Chinese to English translation, it is useable.

So far, I'm disappointed with the motion detection. I'm wondering if software like Blue Iris would offer improvement to the motion detection?

Also, anybody successfully get this to work with Vera in any way without Blue Iris? I have a Vera Plus.

Offline Nameless

Re: Wansview W2
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:16:57 pm »
Thought I'd follow up to this. I now use Blue Iris and this camera works pretty well there. Motion detection is 10x better than stock camera software. The cam does crash fairly often, requiring reboots.

Successfully added in to Vera, but only through Blue Iris.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 09:03:07 pm »
Are you using a wifi or z-wave outlet to help you reboot the camera? I would expect it to be down when I need it most - being out of town. You could even setup Vera to reboot the camera on a regular basis.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline Nameless

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 12:11:44 am »
Are you using a wifi or z-wave outlet to help you reboot the camera? I would expect it to be down when I need it most - being out of town. You could even setup Vera to reboot the camera on a regular basis.

Right now, I'm rebooting it on a routine through the camera's own software. The outlet is sunk into the side of my house about 4 inches for weather protection. The design makes it tough to add anything other than a bulky outdoor z-wave switch in a cord, like the 1 from GE. It is also a GFI outlet, so can't replace it with a regular z-wave outlet.

I am installing a doorbell camera which will overlap coverage as a fix. Hikvision just came out with 1 that works in Blue Iris, so my plan is to get it as soon as it's available. It has 2-way audio and should run under $200. No special wiring either. My wife has been bugging me for an audio solution, so should be a win for all needs.