Author Topic: LightwaveRF Wi-Fi Link & Vera with RFXtrx  (Read 366 times)

Offline Fireblade69

LightwaveRF Wi-Fi Link & Vera with RFXtrx
« on: April 26, 2018, 06:33:47 pm »
Hi all,

I'm struggling with this one. 

I have Vera Plus with RFXtrx module and all works well in the house on 20 plus Lightwave switches, plugs, sensors, remotes etc.

i have an outside office at the bottom of the garden which has a LightwaveRF two gang light switch and also in the office is a LightwaveRF Wi-Fi unit.  This works over the Lightwave RF application on the phone.

When set up in the house, both the Wi-Fi Link (via the app) and Vera can share the control of the LWRF devices without a problem.

Vera & the RFXtrx are out of range and would be even with a range extender, the office has full network back to the same LAN as the VeraPlus is on.

How can I get Vera to control the light switches hooked into the office Wi-Fi link?

Offline Fireblade69

Re: LightwaveRF Wi-Fi Link & Vera with RFXtrx
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 01:06:43 am »
Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline Fireblade69

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 06:11:26 pm »
Bueller?

Offline goggles24

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 12:08:16 pm »
One method could be a second vera controller. I have a vera plus as my main controller in the house, and then my old veralite out in our garden office. They are on the same local network so I can control all the devices from in the office from the main controller. Obviously this would also require a second RFX if you wish to use lightwaveRF devices in your office.
This article should help more:
http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2591731-how-can-i-bridge-two-controllers-?b_id=712

Mitch.

Offline Fireblade69

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 01:09:48 am »
Thanks for the reply. 

It?s a good option but I?m not keen on the idea of splashing out another ?150 just to control a couple of lights in the office so another Vera and RF device (even 2nd hand from eBay) is not going to happen.  At the moment, the lights can be controlled by Alexa and the Lightwave APP but I?ll keep going and see if there is a solution.

Offline martynwendon

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 06:16:59 pm »
The Link actually has an accessible API over UDP, it's not that difficult to master as it's all plain text.

https://api.lightwaverf.com/introduction_basic_comms.html

You can probably find some examples of sending UDP by LUA on the forums ..... I would imagine it's only half a dozen lines of LUA at most :-)

Once you have that working you can add the LUA to a Scene(s) and then Trigger the Scene(s) from a Vera Virtual Device or just run the Scene(s) directly.