Author Topic: Support for LimitlessLED Wifi Bridge v6 and new RGBW/WW/CW  (Read 8158 times)

Offline kd7gab

Re: Support for LimitlessLED Wifi Bridge v6 and new RGBW/WW/CW
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 10:35:17 pm »
I have been able to achieve control of 2 groups via the modified plugin. I have on/off and brightness control but have not yet updated other parts of the plugin for color, kelvin, and saturation control. The amount of time I have available for work on the modifications is pretty limited, so if there's anyone who wants to help I'd certainly be happy for the assistance. This is my first experience with Vera plugins so my code is probably not what you might call elegant  :o

I'm attaching the current snippet chunk for what I have working. Please feel free to comment and/or make suggestions.

Offline Viruta57

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 05:49:52 am »
I have the new Milight controller.... wish to know If I can try it  with Milight... and how I would do it...?

Offline kd7gab

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 09:19:00 am »
Tonight, I'll try post the current version of the modified plugin with how I've been getting it on my Vera. What I've been doing thus far is backup the original plugin's implementation file and replace it with the modified file. This method will require you to SSH into your Vera.

I'm thinking the modified plugin should wind up being a new plugin, with its iwn name. This would help ensure we don't mess up communication with older bridges. I'm hoping RexBeckett will be interested in taking my updates as a patch for a new version but if not I'll refactor code as necessary and try get it taken in as a new plugin.

~Jon

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline kd7gab

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2017, 03:17:55 pm »
Apologies for the delay in posting this... I've had a pretty crazy week  :o

I'm attaching the modified 'I_MiLightRGBW.xml' file. How I'm updating the file on my Vera is included below. Please note, it is possible to mess up your Vera if you do something wrong, etc...

1. SCP the attached 'I_MiLightRGBW.xml' file to your Vera, my preference is to put in into the '/root/' folder, since there's generally not much if anything there. I like to use WinSCP if I'm on a windows box to do the copy.
2. Connect to your Vera via SSH and verify you're in the right directory ('pwd' works perfectly for this).
3. Once you have the file on your Vera, you'll need to make a backup of the original plugin's 'I_MiLightRGBW.xml' file. The easiest option is to copy it to a new filename.
Code: [Select]
cp /etc/cmh-ludl/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo /root/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo.backup4. Now that you have your original plugin backed up, we'll need to compress the new file:
pluto-lzo c I_MiLightRGBW.xml I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo5. The compressed plugin file now needs to be copied over the original plugin, in the '/etc/cmh-ludl' folder
cp I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo6. From the Vera interface, you'll need to browse to 'Settings' > 'Z-Wave Settings' > 'Advanced'. Here you'll need to click the GO button for the 'Reload Engine' option. This will restart LUUP and load the new plugin file.
7. If you want to look at the live log info while sending control commands, you can tail the uPNP log file
tail -f /tmp/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log
At this point, you should be able to control your Mi-Light/Limitless LED lights via the new bridge. Please note, the modified file will NOT work with the older bridges.

I'm happy to receive feedback, etc. on this but do keep in mind it is a work in progress and I don't have every feature updated and working in this version of the plugin file... ;)

~Jon

Offline kd7gab

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 12:20:52 pm »
Quick update...

I now have color control and I have corrected the error with the brightness control in the code I posted yesterday. At this point, I need to get Saturation control working and figure out how to implement Kelvin (white color temp) control. The control for Kelvin will need to be implemented in more than just the XML implementation file, so I figure that piece will come last.

I don't really have a desire for the disco modes but I plan to get those working for the sake of replicating the same functionality from the original plugin.

See the attached implementation file if you want to try the modifications out on your own setup.

~Jon

Edited to correct the attached file
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:23:10 pm by kd7gab »

Offline Viruta57

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 10:16:51 pm »
I am out for a month... I will sure try it when I'll come back and will give you a feed back.... Thanks a lot....

Offline ronblom

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 04:05:07 pm »
Hi,

I'm a new with vera and milight but got the v6 bridge working with this new xml file. But only from the "device -> control". I'm unable to turn the lights on from a scene or from the ios app. Any idea how to fix this? I understand this is still work in process so maybe not yet implemented? 

Regards,

Ron

Offline Viruta57

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 08:45:50 pm »
I did not try it yet..... but I just want to know if you got it to work with a scene or not....?

Offline Viruta57

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 03:41:54 am »
Hi,

I'm a new with vera and milight but got the v6 bridge working with this new xml file. But only from the "device -> control". I'm unable to turn the lights on from a scene or from the ios app. Any idea how to fix this? I understand this is still work in process so maybe not yet implemented? 

Regards,

Ron

I just made the test today and I confirm.... you can control the lights from the devices board, but you can not from a scene.
It would really be a big gain for the community to have this API running considering the big difference in price in the purchase of this equipment compared to all that is found on the market. I hope that you will have it done.... I would... if I could... Thanks for your help so far...

Offline ninkasi

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 07:16:32 am »
Quick update...

I now have color control and I have corrected the error with the brightness control in the code I posted yesterday. At this point, I need to get Saturation control working and figure out how to implement Kelvin (white color temp) control. The control for Kelvin will need to be implemented in more than just the XML implementation file, so I figure that piece will come last.

I don't really have a desire for the disco modes but I plan to get those working for the sake of replicating the same functionality from the original plugin.

See the attached implementation file if you want to try the modifications out on your own setup.

~Jon

Edited to correct the attached file

Brilliant work, Jon. I've just tried your code and it doesn't work for me - yet - but I probably did something stupid when trying to get it all to work originally so I might wipe it all and start again from scratch. A big thanks for your effort on this though!

For those of you out there who may use Macs, there are gui based utils out there to copy files around but the manual way is as follows:

download the modified xml file to your hard drive (probably by default will end up in your download directory eg /Users/[your name]/Downloads)
open up terminal and cd to the directory where the file is (type "ls I_*" to make sure it's there), then type:
 scp I_MilightRGBW.xml root@[ip address of vera]:/root

put in password from bottom of Vera, then once the file is copied over type:
 ssh [address of vera] -l root
put in password from bottom of vera

...and follow the instructions as provided earlier.

Cheers.
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome

Offline Viruta57

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 07:44:49 am »
Still not working with a scene.... do you think we can hope to have an API working with a scene...?
Thank You

Offline kd7gab

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 09:14:46 am »
Still not working with a scene.... do you think we can hope to have an API working with a scene...?
Thank You
Apologies for the long time between posts, work and house projects have been eating up all of my time.

I have been able to use the modified plugin in scenes but it does seem to be pretty finicky and definitely does not work as well as I would lime it to.

I think the long term approach will be to write a new plugin from scratch but I have no idea when I will habe time to do that. What I've posted so far is the entirety of my experience with Vera plugins. I keep hoping someone with more experience and time will snag what I've come up with and use it to generate better code, etc.

This project is definitely on my list but I'm not certain when I'll be putting meaningful effort into again, most likely after the weather turns this fall. If I were able to use the private messaging, I would have already reached out to rexbeckett directly but I don't yet have the ability to use that feature of the forum.

~Jon

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline Viruta57

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 11:13:09 pm »
I would be really helpful if you could get it working.... I don't understand why Vera don't get involve with that project and don't try to get it working since it's the cheapest way to get RGBW bulb and led strip working with Vera.... If you compare with all the other products... it's about half the price.... May be somebody from Vera could answer to that....

Offline kd7gab

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 03:49:38 pm »
For those interested in this topic, I apologize for the long delay in responding. Life has had other plans for most of my time off lately. Back to the topic at hand...

I recently updated the firmware on my Vera and found the modified plugin stopped working on me. After running some packet captures, I realized the plugin was not sending an ON command to the WiFi bridge. This same issue might be what a couple people mentioned about it not working for them. I've made some modifications to the plugin to issue an ON command whenever a new, non-zero light level is commanded. This seems to be the main change needed. Additionally, this could be related to a new approach Vera may be taking to how they handle an ON command for a device.

On the comments about not being about to use this in a scene, I've not had any scene usage issues until the latest firmware. I'll note, I am using a Vera 3 for my development efforts. I've started to consider upgrading to a Vera Secure but will likely wait for the $$ to come back down. If you're using one of the newer Veras, you might notice differing behaviors from what I'm seeing my end. The reason I'm pointing out the potential behavioral differences is Vera is on significantly different firmware versions for the older units when compared to the newer generation of Veras.

I've attached the updated implementation file (I_MiLightRGBW.xml). This one should work better than the last files I've posted. Please feel free to manipulate the code if you want, I'd love to see Limitless LED/Mi Light get better support on Vera. If I can devote more time to this effort, I'll try to figure out how to build a full on plug-in or at least modify the existing plug-in.

~Jon

*Added note about use in a scene (1:12 PM PST 11/4/2017)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:12:27 pm by kd7gab »

Offline ronblom

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 03:27:56 pm »
Hi Jon,

Works great with a scene now. Thank you very much.
Is it also possible to choose a color or a mode in a scene? I only see the on, off and percentage in a scene.

Ron