We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Support for LimitlessLED Wifi Bridge v6 and new RGBW/WW/CW  (Read 10301 times)

Offline jimmyhtz

Re: Support for LimitlessLED Wifi Bridge v6 and new RGBW/WW/CW
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2018, 06:30:21 pm »
OK, I don't know if the last posts were for me or not, but I followed them anyways.

I was able to download and run the LimitlessLEDv6 program.
I noticed that it uses UDP port 48899, so I port forwarded it on my router.

The program was able to read all the information of my Mi-Light Bridge, but when I sent a command (to change a color, turn on/off) it said it was successful, but the LED strips did not respond.
I checked my iPhone App (also connects to the Mi-Light Bridge) and the commands works from the App.

I looked at all of your settings from your screenshots, and the only one that needed changing was the mode setting.   I copied the values from your screenshot.

The LED strip still did not enroll from the Device.

Offline ranneman

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2018, 10:37:08 am »
I have re-checked the instruction I provided earlier by installing the app again on my test VeraLite. After reloading the engine I could enter the IP number for the milight bridge. I only had to reboot the VeraLite after having installed the app to be able to add my group in the variables. I was able to control the milights. Be aware this is for the RGBW, not sure how it works for other lights.
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline jimmyhtz

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2018, 01:08:24 pm »
I have re-checked the instruction I provided earlier by installing the app again on my test VeraLite. After reloading the engine I could enter the IP number for the milight bridge. I only had to reboot the VeraLite after having installed the app to be able to add my group in the variables. I was able to control the milights. Be aware this is for the RGBW, not sure how it works for other lights.
I have the RGBW lights and controllers.
The enrolling part is my problem.  Do you see anything that could be blocking me from doing that?

Offline ranneman

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2018, 02:20:08 pm »
Sorry, I' am probably not able to help. Did you check what group you use in the iPhone app (1, 2, 3 or 4)?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 03:41:40 pm by ranneman »
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline jimmyhtz

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2018, 12:34:14 pm »
Sorry, I' am probably not able to help. Did you check what group you use in the iPhone app (1, 2, 3 or 4)?
Thank you for all of your posts trying to help.

I have one set of lights on 1 and another set of lights on 2.

I am failing to enroll the lights on 1.

Offline ranneman

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2018, 01:37:44 am »
So you lights on group 2 work using Vera? I cannot easily test myself but I think you do not need a child device. I expect that it is sufficient to create a new device for which you then define the other group. You create the device via the develop apps menu. Select create device, add device type urn:schemas-dcineco-com:device:DimmableLightRGBW:1  give it a name, add up and port and add the implementation file I_MiLightRGBW.xml  and the device file D_MiLightRGBW.xml. Create the device and reload zwave engine. Under variables you have to add the group. Probably the variables do not display this the first time. Rebooting the Vera should solve this or try reloading zwave engine one more time.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:48:48 pm by ranneman »

Offline sanderbaks

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2018, 12:59:45 pm »
How did you fix this? I'm seeing the exact same problem :(

Thanks!

OK, I don't know if the last posts were for me or not, but I followed them anyways.

I was able to download and run the LimitlessLEDv6 program.
I noticed that it uses UDP port 48899, so I port forwarded it on my router.

The program was able to read all the information of my Mi-Light Bridge, but when I sent a command (to change a color, turn on/off) it said it was successful, but the LED strips did not respond.
I checked my iPhone App (also connects to the Mi-Light Bridge) and the commands works from the App.

I looked at all of your settings from your screenshots, and the only one that needed changing was the mode setting.   I copied the values from your screenshot.

The LED strip still did not enroll from the Device.

Offline ranneman

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2018, 09:21:59 am »
Sander als, what problem do you have? What works and what doesn't work? What steps did you take so far to get it working?

Offline TMC

« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2019, 06:39:53 pm »
I tried the following and it does not work (Vera Edge).
I. I downloaded the MilLghtRGBW plugin from Mios Apps
II. I followed these instructions, post no. 59 of on: June 14, 2018, 11:14:44 am
1. Download the MiLight Device and Implementation files from the Vera Web Interface. (D_MiLightRGBW.xml and I_MiLightRGBW.xml). Do this from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page.
2. Rename them both on your desktop to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively
3. Edit D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml on your PC and right at the bottom where it references the implementation file, change the file name like this;

<implementationList>
      <implementationFile>I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml</implementationFile>
    </implementationList>

4. Now go back to the Vera Web Interface and upload both files into the Vera from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page
5. Now go to your devices (the LED lights) that were created using the old plugin for the old MiLight box and go to Advanced Setup and change the Device File and the Impleentaiton file names in that device to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively.

I need help.

Offline Viruta57

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2019, 01:26:24 am »
My question maybe stupid, can I ask if I should download the existing RGBW plugin from VeraPlus first? I couldn?t make it work even I followed all your steps by your instruction from the previous post.

This is what I did and it's working good so far...
I'm attaching the modified 'I_MiLightRGBW.xml' file. How I'm updating the file on my Vera is included below. Please note, it is possible to mess up your Vera if you do something wrong, etc...

1. SCP the attached 'I_MiLightRGBW.xml' file to your Vera, my preference is to put in into the '/root/' folder, since there's generally not much if anything there. I like to use WinSCP if I'm on a windows box to do the copy.
2. Connect to your Vera via SSH and verify you're in the right directory ('pwd' works perfectly for this).
3. Once you have the file on your Vera, you'll need to make a backup of the original plugin's 'I_MiLightRGBW.xml' file. The easiest option is to copy it to a new filename.
Code: [Select]
cp /etc/cmh-ludl/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo /root/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo.backup
4. Now that you have your original plugin backed up, we'll need to compress the new file:
pluto-lzo c I_MiLightRGBW.xml I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo
5. The compressed plugin file now needs to be copied over the original plugin, in the '/etc/cmh-ludl' folder
cp I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo /etc/cmh-ludl/I_MiLightRGBW.xml.lzo
6. From the Vera interface, you'll need to browse to 'Settings' > 'Z-Wave Settings' > 'Advanced'. Here you'll need to click the GO button for the 'Reload Engine' option. This will restart LUUP and load the new plugin file.
7. If you want to look at the live log info while sending control commands, you can tail the uPNP log file
tail -f /tmp/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

At this point, you should be able to control your Mi-Light/Limitless LED lights via the new bridge. Please note, the modified file will NOT work with the older bridges.

I'm happy to receive feedback, etc. on this but do keep in mind it is a work in progress and I don't have every feature updated and working in this version of the plugin file...

I_MiLightRGBW.xml (25.13 kB - downloaded 17 times.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to thank this community for the work done to implement the new iBOX Wifi Bridge from MiLight... the instructions and the implementation file worked perfectly for me and I now have a great mix of both old style and new style MiLight WiFi boxes happily controlling my LEDs.

Just one suggestion... earlier in this thread the instructions were to SSH into Vera and copy across and then move the new implementation file. I did not do it this way because I have a mix of old and new MiLight boxes.

Instead, I did this;

1. Download the MiLight Device and Implementation files from the Vera Web Interface. (D_MiLightRGBW.xml and I_MiLightRGBW.xml). Do this from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page.
2. Rename them both on your desktop to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively
3. Edit D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml on your PC and right at the bottom where it references the implementation file, change the file name like this;

<implementationList>
      <implementationFile>I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml</implementationFile>
    </implementationList>

4. Now go back to the Vera Web Interface and upload both files into the Vera from the Apps/DevelopApps/LuupFiles page
5. Now go to your devices (the LED lights) that were created using the old plugin for the old MiLight box and go to Advanced Setup and change the Device File and the Impleentaiton file names in that device to D_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml and I_MiLightRGBWBOX2.xml respectively.

Voila. Easy. Now you can have both controllers co-exist.

Finally found the issue to be a port setting. Although documentation talks about 8899 it turned out I had to use 5987.
@kd7gab thanks a lot for your effort making this plugin work on wifi bridge V6.

You need to follow all those steps.... you got to start with the file link to this post....

Offline Viruta57

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2019, 01:34:53 am »
For those interested in this topic, I apologize for the long delay in responding. Life has had other plans for most of my time off lately. Back to the topic at hand...

I recently updated the firmware on my Vera and found the modified plugin stopped working on me. After running some packet captures, I realized the plugin was not sending an ON command to the WiFi bridge. This same issue might be what a couple people mentioned about it not working for them. I've made some modifications to the plugin to issue an ON command whenever a new, non-zero light level is commanded. This seems to be the main change needed. Additionally, this could be related to a new approach Vera may be taking to how they handle an ON command for a device.

On the comments about not being about to use this in a scene, I've not had any scene usage issues until the latest firmware. I'll note, I am using a Vera 3 for my development efforts. I've started to consider upgrading to a Vera Secure but will likely wait for the $$ to come back down. If you're using one of the newer Veras, you might notice differing behaviors from what I'm seeing my end. The reason I'm pointing out the potential behavioral differences is Vera is on significantly different firmware versions for the older units when compared to the newer generation of Veras.

I've attached the updated implementation file (I_MiLightRGBW.xml). This one should work better than the last files I've posted. Please feel free to manipulate the code if you want, I'd love to see Limitless LED/Mi Light get better support on Vera. If I can devote more time to this effort, I'll try to figure out how to build a full on plug-in or at least modify the existing plug-in.

~Jon

*Added note about use in a scene (1:12 PM PST 11/4/2017)

I mean this file...