We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: iVera and UI2  (Read 3275 times)

Offline mintzps

iVera and UI2
« on: August 02, 2010, 06:24:59 pm »
I have tried using the iVera free app. It looks promising, but it tells me that the status won't be updated because I am not using UI3. I don't want to use UI3 because of it's use of Flash.

What gives?

Offline iVera

Re: iVera and UI2
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:03:44 pm »
Sorry mintzps but when iVera was developed, some missing functionality in UI2 didn't allow for a full features set as offered with UI3 and with UI4 around the corner for everyone, development resources were focused in other areas.

What this means with some UI2 version for example is, if you have iVera running and physically turn off a light, iVera might not get notified and therefore update this light's status instantly. However, you can still hit the "refresh" button on the top right and get an up-to-date status. Also, each time you start iVera all devices' status are downloaded, so you always get the current state of your devices.

Try the Free version and see if this is really an issue for you.

Note also that an update (1.0.1) which fixes some of the lock up experienced when disabling the new demo mode has been sent to Apple (for review). So a new version with some new features and fixes is on its way!
iVera ... control your house!
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline mintzps

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 09:35:07 am »
I have noticed that in findvera.com that my thermostat status is not updated until I "poll all nodes". I thought Vera should poll the node automatically. Could this not be happening or is the new data just not being picked up by findvera until I do it? Does iVera trigger a poll of nodes? If not, can I triger it from iVera?

Offline iVera

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 08:05:58 pm »
iVera only reports status Vera actually broadcast. There is no interface to poll a device from within iVera (although I will keep this in mind as a requested feature to implement).
iVera ... control your house!
www.thinkiwi.com

Offline JOD

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 09:33:45 am »
mintzps,

I'm a Vera 1 UI2 user and also have no plans of using UI3 or 4. iVera works great in UI2. As for the status update, if you hit the top refresh button the status will update. Or, you can simply go to another page and flip back and it’s updated.
I highly recommend this App.

JOD
I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.

Offline wayneoh

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 10:20:36 am »
I have a small setup, vera2 and u12 with only lights and switches. This app works great on my iphone4 and within 5 seconds of a light on or off ivera is updated to that status. i also recomend this app.