We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Foscam Cameras No Longer Refresh With VeraMate  (Read 1722 times)

Offline agoodman82

Foscam Cameras No Longer Refresh With VeraMate
« on: November 13, 2016, 12:36:28 pm »
Ever since the last updates with VeraMate in fixing the push notifications error (which I still get from time to time) my two Foscam cameras have stopped responding when my iPhone is running outside of my home network (LTE cellular or wifi outside my house).When I look at either camera, the time stamp is simply frozen, I cannot pan or tilt my cameras, and I will get the "loading swirl" in the image. Closing out/re-opening the app or logging out/logging back into VeraMate does not fix this issue.

This doesn't happen when I'm on my home wifi network where the cameras are incredibly responsive. This is how my two cameras used to responsd when I was on LTE or wifi outside of my home in the past with VeraMate, but now something is very different and the frozen camera issue makes my Foscam cameras almost useless. Is anyone else here having any issues with their cameras lately while viewing them in VeraMate??

Offline dubbedout

Re: Foscam Cameras No Longer Refresh With VeraMate
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 04:07:03 pm »
I just checked this on my setup, I also have several foscams connected, and my camera feeds seem to be working just fine through VeraMate still.  Not sure how you have yours setup but mine are setup through Blue Iris to technically the feed to Vera is coming from my Blue Iris server and not directly from the cameras.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 10:22:31 pm »
I always had my foscams feed directly to Vera via their wireless connections. I'm not sure how the set-up via Blue Iris works (I have a Vera Edge) but my feeds were always clear with a very fast refresh rate through VeraMate until just a few weeks ago. Now the feeds freeze and are completely unusable to monitor anything live. From what I've seen through testing the cams through the official Vera iOS app, the camera feeds are good in that app which leads me to believe some change with VeraMate was the problem as I haven't touched any camera settings at all.

Offline veramate

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 03:18:44 pm »
I always had my foscams feed directly to Vera via their wireless connections. I'm not sure how the set-up via Blue Iris works (I have a Vera Edge) but my feeds were always clear with a very fast refresh rate through VeraMate until just a few weeks ago. Now the feeds freeze and are completely unusable to monitor anything live. From what I've seen through testing the cams through the official Vera iOS app, the camera feeds are good in that app which leads me to believe some change with VeraMate was the problem as I haven't touched any camera settings at all.

I don't believe any changes were done in VeraMate's camera control.   Could you send a diagnostic (settings/contact), and perhaps PM when you send it so I don't miss it?
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 08:34:33 pm »
Will do VeraMate. I had sent the diagnostic files and email to you via the app a few days ago but maybe it was missed. I just resent it. I'll send you a pm as well. Thanks for the help.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 10:44:46 pm »
VeraMate:

Just to update you on my camera issue... one day about three weeks ago the camera just started working again in the app and refresh as they should every second or so with no freezing depending on my connection at that time. I didn't do anything or make any changes to get the cameras to stop freezing, and as far as I could tell VeraMate wasn't updated either. So I guess through sheer randomness something fixed the issue. Just wanted to say I'm extremely happy that they're working properly for me again as it was a huge component of my z-wave security system.

Offline veramate

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 08:46:54 am »
VeraMate:

Just to update you on my camera issue... one day about three weeks ago the camera just started working again in the app and refresh as they should every second or so with no freezing depending on my connection at that time. I didn't do anything or make any changes to get the cameras to stop freezing, and as far as I could tell VeraMate wasn't updated either. So I guess through sheer randomness something fixed the issue. Just wanted to say I'm extremely happy that they're working properly for me again as it was a huge component of my z-wave security system.

That's great to hear.  I couldn't see anything obviously wrong, but let me know if it happens again and I'll pick it up again.
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.