We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 7.0.19b -- anyone try it yet?  (Read 9557 times)

Offline mfp

Re: 7.0.19b -- anyone try it yet?
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2016, 03:39:47 am »
A few questions to you beta users on a veraplus:
1) Do the leds for wifi, internet, etc work? (On the current firmware all leds are always on, independent of the real settings.)
2) Does the ST814 work again? (On the current firmware updates of this device are not received/displayed.)
3) Can unused radios (zigbee and bluetooth) be turned off?

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2016, 04:15:54 am »
1) Do the leds for wifi, internet, etc work? (On the current firmware all leds are always on, independent of the real settings.)
2) Does the ST814 work again? (On the current firmware updates of this device are not received/displayed.)
On my Plus,  the LED for wifi (not tried turning off others) has always worked. I turned off the wifi immediately I got the plus and The LED turned off.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2016, 07:19:35 am »
On my Plus,  the LED for wifi (not tried turning off others) has always worked. I turned off the wifi immediately I got the plus and The LED turned off.
How are your experiences with the new beta after a week?

Offline Slartibartfast

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2016, 08:34:51 am »
How are your experiences with the new beta after a week?

I had no problems with the previous or this release apart from one device saying 'cant detect device' but that can be ignored. No new problems either.
Devon UK 240V 50Hz
Now on Homeseer

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 11:01:14 am »
The beta seems pretty stable on my Edge and Plus even though I'm having issues with Alexa not finding any devices.

On my Vera 3 the upgrade failed with an irrecoverable error and support is working on that one. It seems there was not enough free space on the device for the upgrade. They had to reset the unit in order for the upgrade to be able to performed so I had to re-add it to my account. Causing me having to generate a new key for support. It's lost all devices and scenes but support is working on it so I'm not worried. I did take a backup before the upgrade anyway. Worst case it's the push I need to migrate it to the Edge. ;)

Since more people with Vera 3 seem to have issues I'm wondering if they are running into the same 'not enough space' issue.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

jonbanjo

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 04:03:59 pm »
I put it on my Vera Plus yesterday.  I'm only using Vera for a very small number of Z Wave devices and can't really comment  on a wider reliability for this upgrade.

It did  resolve a problem I had with Z Wave motion sensors (I only have Fibaro 3 in 1). I was getting pages of alerts that I was deleting daily with armed off.  These sensors are now behaving as I would expect/hope.  An alert is triggered if a sensor is set to armed but there are no alerts otherwise.

Offline Electron Employer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 06:33:37 pm »
The beta seems pretty stable on my Edge and Plus even though I'm having issues with Alexa not finding any devices.

On my Vera 3 the upgrade failed with an irrecoverable error and support is working on that one. It seems there was not enough free space on the device for the upgrade. They had to reset the unit in order for the upgrade to be able to performed so I had to re-add it to my account. Causing me having to generate a new key for support. It's lost all devices and scenes but support is working on it so I'm not worried. I did take a backup before the upgrade anyway. Worst case it's the push I need to migrate it to the Edge. ;)

Since more people with Vera 3 seem to have issues I'm wondering if they are running into the same 'not enough space' issue.

I've also taken the plunge today. The firmware took straight away and I can see the skill. However I cannot discover any devices so same as you. I've tried deleting them then adding a few back at a time but to no avail. If this is an out of space issue, I'm presuming that going from my Edge to a Plus should fix it? Technical advised me the on the last crash that there is very little space on the Edge during firmware shuffles.

I was ready to give up on Vera but if I can get this Alexa integration to work I will be sticking with it. This is a bit of a deal breaker for me. I've opened a support ticket and will update this thread accordingly. Possibly the most exciting feature so far, considering the flexibility it could provide. I've just ordered another two Dots.

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 06:38:38 pm »
While my Vera 3 was down, I did another run on the Echo skill and it found the devices on my Plus as well as s number of scenes on the same controller. Trying to figure out how to get Alexa to run the Sonos scenes she found.
I'm thinking my Vera 3 might have been to interfering factor with the skill. Unfortunately everything Alexa found shows (offline) behind it.
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline RichDC

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2016, 03:05:45 am »
Upgraded my plus on Friday and all seems stable so far.

My fibaro Dimmer 2's now only show the actual dimming control and not the other 2 ghost devices which were easy to hide but looks like they've worked on this now so all is correct.

PLEG ok.

Motion status alerts are gone. :)

I noticed that temperature and motion icons are different on my chrome browser to before, not the same as on app.

Still haven't got Alexa to pick up devices as of yet.

Offline hax0rmort

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2016, 02:08:14 am »
all of my motion sensors do not function, some stay tripped, others won't trip/untrip, nightmare.  all are paired successfully but now the PIRs with temp sensors are borked and show a weird child device as a second motion sensor whereas they never showed before, this makes DOUBLE devices on already a dozen motion sensors that don't work,   this is a nightmare, I may have to go back, now......but even if i go back, WAPIRZ aren't working, so what do I do.......I can't just replace them all...... They haven't worked properly with Vera in many releases (which means a year)

Offline ranneman

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2016, 12:57:05 am »
Upgraded last night. All went smooth, no issues so far and log files look fine  :). No issues on scenes with the LUA code error (this kept me from implementing the previous two upgrades, so seems to be fixed).
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2016, 08:56:18 am »
It is fixed for any scenes created or modified with the Beta.

Previously defined scenes may be corrupted ... Serious corruptions caused the LUA error message.
Minor corruption may just have things not working properly. 
You may need to verify that ALL of your scenes are correct!

Offline ranneman

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2016, 09:33:59 am »
Well... all seems to be okay, Sonos switched on this morning and so did the lights. That scene uses some calculations. Checked some of the other scenes as well including my Honeywell plugin with scenes for the heater and they all work fine. (I' am so lucky  ;D).
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2016, 07:53:29 pm »
Hi

I updated my Vera Edge to the beta firmware for the Echo support as I just bought an Echo Dot. Only to find out its not working for UK users and no devices appear in the Alexa app.

However I now have major issues, I was trying to edit various scenes and I kept getting Failed to save system configuration errors.

Worse still it seems to be corrupting my lua code in some scenes see screen shots now panicking.

I had a ticket open with support and they just said "Could you please check the unit as your issues should be fixed now." but clearly its not.

I took a Z-Wave network and system backup before I updated hopefully I can restore ?

Thanks

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:56:31 pm by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2016, 08:43:01 pm »
WTF I just pulled the power on the Vera unit and its then changed its IP address to a different one ! It went from a static IP to a DHCP one.

Although looking at those two scenes I posted screen shots of the lua code is now back. (whilst on the DHCP IP address)

I then changed the IP address back to its static one and now when looking at the burglar alarm scene again, the lua code is screwed up again  ???

I copied the lua code to my clipboard whilst I could see it and I've pasted it back in and saved that scene OK and now it appears to still be there.

Some weird stuff happening !

However I then tried to edit another scene to make another change and I am still getting the failed to save system configuration error.