We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: openLuup: Dark Sky (formerly Forecast.io) weather plugin  (Read 9934 times)

Offline swfire271

Re: openLuup: Dark Sky (formerly Forecast.io) weather plugin
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2019, 05:29:16 pm »
I went through the above instructions to add Dark Sky to my Vera Plus (not running altui) but it was unsuccessful.  I then added Altui, and tried it that way, but it wouldn't let me download from the altui appstore either.  Here is the configuration of the app, but in the main ui7 devices tab, the device itself doesn't even show up as a device, it is hidden.  All the variables are in the variables tab after manually configuring them using the Test Lua code area.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Offline chris66

« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2019, 10:55:35 am »
Your pict is AltUI, I didn't installed AltUI, please read carefully the steps described above.

Offline chris66

« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2019, 11:12:04 am »
Anyway, I have another question, couldn't find for Darksky the equivalent to Condition field values like Partly Cloudy, Raining, etc. that listing was available with WeatherUnderground api there: https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/docs?d=resources/phrase-glossary
Any help appreciated! Chris

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2019, 12:38:09 pm »
Hi Chris,

There are some more parameters that may help. See http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,40406.msg435773.html#msg435773

I have the updated LUA code if you like.

Cheers Rene.
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline swfire271

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2019, 12:03:14 pm »
Your pict is AltUI, I didn't installed AltUI, please read carefully the steps described above.

I understand that.....but altui is the only way I can get the device to appear/be seen.  Something is missing - I've followed the exact steps at least 4 different times, it never installs properly or lets me get to the advanced menu.  I can't even get it to show up as a device in the Devices menu in the original Vera menu (non-altui).

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2019, 12:57:41 am »
I am modifying the plugin so it can supply data to the Virtual Rain Sensor plugin. I see that the code initially had provisions for an optional virtual rain sensor as well but can't see where it went?
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.