We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Screen goes black in 30 seconds  (Read 1360 times)

Offline RichardPHarvey

Screen goes black in 30 seconds
« on: November 23, 2016, 08:29:13 am »
Have been using Imperihome for over a year on an iPad but as we all know the iOS version is poor at best.  So I bit the bullet and snagged an on sale Galaxy Tab4 and got Imperihome all set up, clearly a way better version of the app.

This will be a wall mounted home controller and I would like it to stay ON most of the time but can't figure out how to do that. I have the Android OS set to go dark in 30 minutes (no option for never) and that does seem to work but not when I have Imperihome up, is goes dark in 30 seconds.  Can't find anything in Imperihome to control that either.

Offline RichardPHarvey

Re: Screen goes black in 30 seconds
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 10:24:51 am »
A little Google search has uncovered that this is a common issue that app's like Caffine or Tasker can take care of.

Offline RichardPHarvey

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 05:21:37 pm »
So it turns out that my Tab A has 6.0.1 on it and none of these apps seem to work to control the screen using that version.  Anyone know how to get this to be controlled with 6.0.1 as without that ability this tablet will not work for me.

Offline treetop777

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 05:25:54 pm »
in the dashboard settings of imperihome there's a screensaver delay setting, is that set to none (or something like that)?  If it's set to none, then the tabs screen-off setting should take over (30 min).

My tab's android max delay is also 30 min so i use the app "stay alive" (you have to donate to get full functionality) to keep the tab always on when i want to.

Offline RichardPHarvey

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 09:31:16 am »
in the dashboard settings of imperihome there's a screensaver delay setting, is that set to none (or something like that)?  If it's set to none, then the tabs screen-off setting should take over (30 min).

My tab's android max delay is also 30 min so i use the app "stay alive" (you have to donate to get full functionality) to keep the tab always on when i want to.

Yeah I found all those setting but it still did not work, and then magic, got Caffeine to somehow work, not 100% sure why it worked this time and did not before.