We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: ZIGBEE issues  (Read 3165 times)

Offline ChrisK

Re: ZIGBEE issues
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 04:16:07 pm »
Wait a minute... if I buy a Wink hub, and add my ZigBee device to that... are you saying that those devices that are attached to the wink hub will show up normally in Vera then?  Doesn't seem ideal, but it sure sounds like a plan that would actually work...

yes,works pretty darn well too

Problem is, Wink Hub doesn't support WPA2-Enterprise, so I can't connect it to my wifi.  And it doesn't have ethernet.

From what I read, rooting a Wink Hub 2 might not be possible in order to use local access only.

So it appears that this route may not work out.

I just got a Wink 2 a couple of days ago and it does have wired Ethernet.  FYI "Today through Wednesday, 3/15, Amazon Prime members get 20% off the Wink Hub 2 when ordering through Alexa. Simply say ?Alexa, order a Wink Hub? and it's yours for only $79 USD."

It is connected to my Vera Lite with Cybermage's plugin and so far it works great with my Cree bulbs.

Offline treetop777

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 05:06:04 pm »
So the Wink plugin WILL work with Vera Plus and Wink Hub 2?  (say yes, say yes!)

Offline hax0rmort

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 08:10:06 pm »
you guys didn't read my comment?  it's never not worked.   even the day the Wink Hub 2 came out,  i bought it at walmart and it worked that night.   cybermage has been updating it as best he can.  trying to sort issues out with how the wink relay's show up in Vera.  it works, its always worked.

Offline treetop777

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 04:59:14 pm »
you guys didn't read my comment?  it's never not worked.   even the day the Wink Hub 2 came out,  i bought it at walmart and it worked that night.   cybermage has been updating it as best he can.  trying to sort issues out with how the wink relay's show up in Vera.  it works, its always worked.

Got it!  Time to play!