Author Topic: IP to Serial Control (HTD Lync 6)  (Read 3775 times)

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
IP to Serial Control (HTD Lync 6)
« on: December 02, 2016, 02:15:27 pm »
Hello,

I have an HTD whole house audio lync 6 system , it uses a IP to serial gateway (GW-SL1 Smart Gateway) which has a mobile app that can control zones and also via a key pad.

I am trying to figure out how to send serial commands to this device using vera . I have done some research but having no luck . Any help would be great! . It should be quite similar to the Russound RNET

Here is a link to the manual .

http://board.homeseer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51412&d=1453083555

Offline jamestee

Re: IP to Serial Control (HTD Lync 6)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 02:28:44 pm »
I would be interested to know this as well... I have a Lync12 system and am thinking of purchasing the gateway if Vera can control the HTD audio system....

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 10:47:57 am »
I would be interested to know this as well... I have a Lync12 system and am thinking of purchasing the gateway if Vera can control the HTD audio system....

Maybe we can put heads together and figure this out, I have tried a couple things but no luck.

Offline JimWingard

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 03:34:37 pm »
I also have the HTD gateway with a lynx6. I think that the boys over at HTD would be glad to assist in this endevor, since it would have a chance increase their market share. I don't code, but I can help troubleshoot!

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 04:31:13 pm »
Hi All,

I have one as well and the API, they advised me a few weeks ago that they are starting on a plugin.  Its all web based using http, so hopefully an easy intergerated solution, keep your fingers crossed.

T

Offline racarter

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 06:33:25 am »
You could possibly do this using a Raspberry Pi running ser2net.
Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 09:33:50 pm »
Ok, very interest. How would that work?

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 10:15:16 pm »
Hi All,

I have one as well and the API, they advised me a few weeks ago that they are starting on a plugin.  Its all web based using http, so hopefully an easy intergerated solution, keep your fingers crossed.

T

That is good news, or at least I hope. I didn't think to contact them,hacking it seemed more of a fun quest  :)

The most ideal would simply be to have a plugin that performs the basic functions of turning off/on zones, as well as setting volume level such as a dimmer switch. Ultimately, I want this in turn to be integrated with Alexa /Home kit ( already running a raspberry pi bridge). Would be really nice to say "Alexa turn on zone 1" or "hey "siri, set zone 1 to 50". Just need to figure out what commands are sent by the valet home/Irule App.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 10:36:31 pm »
Happy to report I have all zones coming on and all zones turning off using the GW-SL1.  I have taken parts from SharpTV, MySensors and the Russsound plugins and should have it all up and running over the next few days.  Keep you posted.

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 06:11:43 pm »
Happy to report I have all zones coming on and all zones turning off using the GW-SL1.  I have taken parts from SharpTV, MySensors and the Russsound plugins and should have it all up and running over the next few days.  Keep you posted.

This is awesome! I cannot wait! Great job!

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 03:35:35 pm »
Hi

Not sure how much more i will get completed before Xmas however i do have one zone almost fully controllable, power On, No off still working on it, mute working, volume up and volume down working and you can select one of the 6 sources.  Hope to fix the off part and move onto the next zone.  All on and All off is currently working.

Have a great xmas and keep your finger crossed.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 03:56:34 pm »
Hi All,

I have a working plugin that works with the MC-66 and MCA-66.  It includes volume up/down, mute, on/off each zone and all zones as well as source selection and party mode.  I have also setup scenes in Alexa and she controls it was well.  If you are interested i can send them to you.

No worry because i am also completing the Lync6/12 and should have it in a few days.  It will start with the basic functions as above. 

Regards,

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 05:03:21 pm »
Happy new year to you! Thanks for work on this , how do I go about downloading and testing?

Hi All,

I have a working plugin that works with the MC-66 and MCA-66.  It includes volume up/down, mute, on/off each zone and all zones as well as source selection and party mode.  I have also setup scenes in Alexa and she controls it was well.  If you are interested i can send them to you.

No worry because i am also completing the Lync6/12 and should have it in a few days.  It will start with the basic functions as above. 

Regards,

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 10:45:02 pm »
What system are you running MC66?

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 10:04:56 am »
Yes!