Author Topic: IP to Serial Control (HTD Lync 6)  (Read 9431 times)

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
IP to Serial Control (HTD Lync 6)
« on: December 02, 2016, 02:15:27 pm »
Hello,

I have an HTD whole house audio lync 6 system , it uses a IP to serial gateway (GW-SL1 Smart Gateway) which has a mobile app that can control zones and also via a key pad.

I am trying to figure out how to send serial commands to this device using vera . I have done some research but having no luck . Any help would be great! . It should be quite similar to the Russound RNET

Here is a link to the manual .

http://board.homeseer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51412&d=1453083555

Offline jamestee

Re: IP to Serial Control (HTD Lync 6)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 02:28:44 pm »
I would be interested to know this as well... I have a Lync12 system and am thinking of purchasing the gateway if Vera can control the HTD audio system....

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 10:47:57 am »
I would be interested to know this as well... I have a Lync12 system and am thinking of purchasing the gateway if Vera can control the HTD audio system....

Maybe we can put heads together and figure this out, I have tried a couple things but no luck.

Offline JimWingard

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 03:34:37 pm »
I also have the HTD gateway with a lynx6. I think that the boys over at HTD would be glad to assist in this endevor, since it would have a chance increase their market share. I don't code, but I can help troubleshoot!

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 04:31:13 pm »
Hi All,

I have one as well and the API, they advised me a few weeks ago that they are starting on a plugin.  Its all web based using http, so hopefully an easy intergerated solution, keep your fingers crossed.

T

Offline racarter

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 06:33:25 am »
You could possibly do this using a Raspberry Pi running ser2net.
Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 09:33:50 pm »
Ok, very interest. How would that work?

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 10:15:16 pm »
Hi All,

I have one as well and the API, they advised me a few weeks ago that they are starting on a plugin.  Its all web based using http, so hopefully an easy intergerated solution, keep your fingers crossed.

T

That is good news, or at least I hope. I didn't think to contact them,hacking it seemed more of a fun quest  :)

The most ideal would simply be to have a plugin that performs the basic functions of turning off/on zones, as well as setting volume level such as a dimmer switch. Ultimately, I want this in turn to be integrated with Alexa /Home kit ( already running a raspberry pi bridge). Would be really nice to say "Alexa turn on zone 1" or "hey "siri, set zone 1 to 50". Just need to figure out what commands are sent by the valet home/Irule App.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 10:36:31 pm »
Happy to report I have all zones coming on and all zones turning off using the GW-SL1.  I have taken parts from SharpTV, MySensors and the Russsound plugins and should have it all up and running over the next few days.  Keep you posted.

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 06:11:43 pm »
Happy to report I have all zones coming on and all zones turning off using the GW-SL1.  I have taken parts from SharpTV, MySensors and the Russsound plugins and should have it all up and running over the next few days.  Keep you posted.

This is awesome! I cannot wait! Great job!

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 03:35:35 pm »
Hi

Not sure how much more i will get completed before Xmas however i do have one zone almost fully controllable, power On, No off still working on it, mute working, volume up and volume down working and you can select one of the 6 sources.  Hope to fix the off part and move onto the next zone.  All on and All off is currently working.

Have a great xmas and keep your finger crossed.

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 03:56:34 pm »
Hi All,

I have a working plugin that works with the MC-66 and MCA-66.  It includes volume up/down, mute, on/off each zone and all zones as well as source selection and party mode.  I have also setup scenes in Alexa and she controls it was well.  If you are interested i can send them to you.

No worry because i am also completing the Lync6/12 and should have it in a few days.  It will start with the basic functions as above. 

Regards,

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 05:03:21 pm »
Happy new year to you! Thanks for work on this , how do I go about downloading and testing?

Hi All,

I have a working plugin that works with the MC-66 and MCA-66.  It includes volume up/down, mute, on/off each zone and all zones as well as source selection and party mode.  I have also setup scenes in Alexa and she controls it was well.  If you are interested i can send them to you.

No worry because i am also completing the Lync6/12 and should have it in a few days.  It will start with the basic functions as above. 

Regards,

Offline Newzwaver

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 10:45:02 pm »
What system are you running MC66?

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 10:04:56 am »
Yes!