We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Remotec ZXT-120: setting a trigger based on temperature doesn't work  (Read 811 times)

Offline Markzuckerman1

I am trying to trigger my HVAC to turn on based upon the temperature dropping below a certain level on the ZXT-120. I set a time range for the function but it never turns my HVAC on heat. I am assuming the trigger isn't reading the temperature on the ZXT-120. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 06:57:25 am by Markzuckerman1 »

Offline moishaSPB

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Remotec ZXT-120: setting a trigger based on temperature doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 01:17:42 pm »
From what I understand, ZXT-120 does not report the temp itself and need to be pooled. To have any action, you'd need to setup a scene.

Offline JockeB

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 09:40:22 am »
I have both notification and a start heating and a stop heating based on temperature from zxt-120 ( with usb power) and it works
It triggers an electrical heater if the HVAC is not enough

Offline iHomeCtrl

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 12:43:19 pm »
I'm having trouble getting the ecobee plugin to work with a scene.  I basically setup the scene to trigger when the set point on the ecobee is about 21C.  The second step of the scene is to set the ecobee back to 21C but for some reason I can't change the temperature at all on the device action.  any help would be great.

Offline Markzuckerman1

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 06:22:29 am »
How do I set up the scene to pool the ZXT-120 device first for temperature and then change the temperature?