We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: danfoss living connect not functioning  (Read 5213 times)

Offline svaleb

Re: danfoss living connect not functioning
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 04:03:16 pm »
Here is some info.
And I opened a tread in the forum too.
I have only 2 weeks experience and have had one "cant detect device" but who has not had some of these lately.
I can set temp., works ok. But modes seems not to be supported by vera. I wrote to them, but they are of cause quite busy now.
It will change modes if I wake it up right after sending the command, but vera does not store the command until the device wake up.
http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-eurotronic-comet-heating-thermostat
CE

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 10:11:58 am »
I have tried a variety of devices, Danfoss LC13 and LC12, and StellaZ. The LC12s go o to panic mode but the LC13s so far have performed very well (Vers3, UI5). The StellaZ go into failure mode from time to time (once every 4-6 weeks), they become unresponsive and report 0 degrees temperature. Reset requires a power cycle followed by a "configure now". I also found the build of the StellaZ to be problematic, they tend to partly pop off the mounting ring.

At this time I am thinking about replacing my remaining TRVs with Danfoss LC13, this seems to be the most reliable option now. There apparently is a new brand on the market but I have not had my hands on those yet.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline JaapvanEkris

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 07:41:50 am »
But they are unreliable, today there is a better version, Danfoss should have offered some kind of "deal".
I have heard that if you are clever enough you can make them work in other systems, homeseer (i think).
I had "some" discussion with Danfoss about this. I have LC12's, and they burn through a set of batteries every 2 to 3 months, which is in no way close to the 2 years of battery life that the tech specs promise. So I escalated to both my supplier and Danfoss. To be honest I am appalled by the lack of commitment to their product. The short version is that they claim to be ZWave certified and that therefor these battery issues are my problem. That the devices constantly end up in panic mode and drain their batteries is completely lost on them.

My supplier couldn't work out a deal with them, so he offered me a 10% discount, which is quite disappointing if you have to replace 6 valves at 50 euro's each...

Jaap

Offline svaleb

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 04:05:18 pm »
I had some talks with danfoss too.
Danfoss was not "polite" and they did not know what they were talking about.
They dont want to listen to a "nobody" I was told.

Offline Sigge

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 10:40:06 am »
Hi, a bit late maybe but I have used both Stellaz and Danfoss, all versions. My Stellaz are now on the shelf, too much funny behaviour, in addition if you run them on an adapter they don't recover after a power outage, the Danfoss works ok. The only issue with the Danfoss is that you need to set the Vera to use firmware 2.78 to make the older versions work (see instructions on Vesternet). If you do they work fine, battery 1 year plus and no panics. I'm still on UI 5 moving now probably to Homeseer since Vera messed up with the UI 7.

Offline Cor

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 03:24:04 pm »
I have hacked my 2 danfoss thermostats a bit , i have hooked them up to a 3v ( or 4?) power supply and set the wake up time to 10 minutes.

And they are working fine now ( Ui7)

Cor