Author Topic: Zooz ZSE40 (Monoprice) 4-in-1 Sensor ... anyone got it working on UI5?  (Read 798 times)

Offline Aaron

Does anyone have these working - or tried to get them working - on Vera with UI5?

Consdiering adding a few of these to my system - still on Vera3 UI5 since I have never gotten my VP w/ UI7 to work properly.

thanks for the input!

Amazon link.. https://www.amazon.com/ZOOZ-Z-Wave-Sensor-temperature-humidity/dp/B01AKSO80O

Monoprice link... http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15902

Offline pdipesh11

Re: Zooz ZSE40 (Monoprice) 4-in-1 Sensor ... anyone got it working on UI5?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 07:14:11 pm »
its zwave plus, and I have monoprice z wave plus motion sensor and it is not working, vera support said UI5 it will not work (as it is zwave plus), but if you upgrade to UI7 then it may work, I upgraded it and its nightmare (google is your best friend, search for UI7 stories), basic thermostat is showing perfectly fine in web UI but iOS its not showing me fan ON/OFF, it shows temperature up/down button but with 0, and you cannot increase/decrease temperature from mobile app, long not working list, either find work around or revert back to UI5 and I am considering option of UI5 (I even had same exp of UI5 to UI6 and reverted back to UI5).......

Offline erkme73

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 10:52:48 pm »
Here is what I just got back from Agnes over at the smartest home.  I followed her instructions and it worked.  They key is waking the unit up so the configuration can complete.
1. In the Vera online (browser) interface, select the sensor, then click on Advanced.

2. Go to the Params tab and make the following changes:

- device_type: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1

- device_file: D_MotionSensor1.xml

- device_json: D_MotionSensor1.json

Then activate the sensor by clicking the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly (just like during inclusion). Please leave the device by your Vera for a few hours so it can fully configure.

Whenever you see a configuration error on the interface, you need to wake a device up manually by clicking on the Z-Wave sensor once with a paperclip. The sensor only wakes up for 20 seconds after inclusion and some controllers are not able to exchange all the data during that initial period of time. To conserve batteries, the sensor only wakes up every 12 hours which is fine during normal operation but is an issue if initial configuration is not completed at set-up. All it take to fix this is waking the sensor up by clicking on the Z-Wave button (the LED will flash once).

Offline packman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 03:43:03 pm »
I have the zooz version running on a veraplus without any issues. I recently purchased the monoprice version which appears to be identical but I'm having problems getting it to detect motion. I set it up the same as the zooz selecting the Vision zp3111-5 device for pairing. It appeared to setup correctly showing the 4 sensors( motion, light, humidity, and temperature) but it will not detect motion. Also, the led never lights up. The only time it lit up was when I depressed the program button for inclusion. Tried reinstalling the device but had the same problem. Also tried selecting the generic z-wave device during pairing but that only displayed a motion sensor without the light, humidity, and temperature sensors. Anyone have success with the monoprice version?

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 08:01:03 pm »
Perhaps they are using different firmware versions. Is there a way you can confirm and update if not?
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.