Author Topic: Zooz ZEN06 switch is a great deal...  (Read 653 times)

Offline erkme73

Zooz ZEN06 switch is a great deal...
« on: December 18, 2016, 11:29:30 am »
No affiliation with thesmartesthouse or Zooz - but I just wanted to share my very positive experience with the subject switch.  At <$28, the ZEN06 is reasonably priced. 

They have:

- Dual USB chargers built in
- Power metering
- Return to last state after power failure
- RGB LED ring that changes color based on the status and power load, 
- Over-current protection where if the load exceeds the rated capacity, it simply turns off - no damage.   
- Instant status reporting so Vera knows immediately if they are turned on/off at the device

I'm using them to power a refrigerator, golf cart battery charger, and dehumidifier at my vacation property.  At my primary, I'm using them to control network gear, and my kid's bounce house blower fan (7A).   That fan trips the over-current protection from a dead start.  But if I restart it while it's spinning down again, it stays on.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: Zooz ZEN06 switch is a great deal...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 12:16:26 pm »
Such a happy receptacle. Where can I find these?

Offline erkme73

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 12:31:42 pm »

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 03:25:58 pm »
I was joking about the not specification/code compliant ground hole in the picture. The "D" shaped ground hole should have the flat part at the bottom. This gives the receptacle a "sad face".

The pictured receptacle has it upside down, giving the receptacle a "happy face". This would work in many instances where the ground prong was round. But in addition to not being spec/code compliant, the pictured receptacle would not work with plugs that had a standards based "U" shaped ground prong.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 12:30:25 pm »
Can you program of turn off the LED?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 09:24:02 am »
Quote from: ZEN06 Manual
LED Indicator Control
Parameter 27: You can choose how the LED indicator displays power consumption on the smart plug

Values: 0 ? LED indicator will display power consumption whenever the device is plugged in (LED stays on at all times ? default setting); 1 ? LED indicator will display the level of power consumption for 5 seconds only whenever the device is turned on or off (LED indicator will stay off for most of the time)
Size: 1 byte dec.

It seems that you can set it where it will turn off five seconds after a state change. But there is no option to completely disable the LED.

Offline tomgru

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 12:35:42 pm »
Ordered a couple to play with...