We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Migrating From Vera 3 to Vera Plus Showstopper  (Read 938 times)

Offline bohemian

• Sr. Newbie
Migrating From Vera 3 to Vera Plus Showstopper
« on: December 27, 2016, 04:15:12 pm »
After running out of space of my Vera3 for the latest firmware upgrade, i decided to take the opportunity to migrate over to a shiny new Vera Plus. But I've run into an issue that I was looking to see if anyone managed to get around in the past.

My Vera 3 has one of the external AEON Labs Z Wave dongles which added way back because I didn't like having to drag my Vera around our property to add new devices. It has worked really well in the past, but does not appear to work with the Vera Plus - I tried moving dongle over to the Vera Plus after changing the Zwave port to /dev/ttyUSB0 but the Vera Plus gives a zwave failed to start message.

I also tried the 'standard' upgrade path suggested by MCV, but ran into an issue with my dongle. Running the controller shift, copy from primary I get a Download - wating for data and  it eventually times out. The root cause of this seems to be that my Vera3 dongle shows that it's running as  "Role:Suc SIS: YES PRI: YES", in other words not as Master, so it seems I can't migrate the Zwave network over to the Vera Plus. I also notice that my Vera3 shows that it is still running ZWave Version "2.78 L:1". Searching through the forums, some related OPs had success using the "Hack to convert 2.78 to 3.20", but that was in UI5 and doesn't seem to exist in UI7.

I also tried a full backup of the Vera3 and straight restore onto the VeraPlus but the VeraPlus picked up SUC SIS and USB0 port. Even changing back to S0 failed to give working Zwave, so i reverted the Vera Plus back to factory.

At this point, Support has said that my only option is to back and restore the config (not the Zwave) and manually add all of the device back on the Vera Plus. This is going to be a major hassle and I'd really like to avoid that if possible. Does anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks - Phil
VeraPlus, Ecobee, Legrand Adorne and too many Z-Wave devices to name