We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 7 days - still down. What is the secret to tech support?  (Read 1380 times)

Offline adustman

• Sr. Newbie
7 days - still down. What is the secret to tech support?
« on: December 30, 2016, 03:26:04 pm »
Vera3 to VeraPlus - all was fine initially but I get the persistent Please Wait and now I'm seeing Zwave Failed to Start. Did finally get an email this morning with a "try this" - which I immediately did and replied back, but the thread went dead. Very frustrated with Vera. My intention is not to flood them with calls and emails, but that is unfortunately what they are getting since I'm getting nowhere. ....Support- you make things worse by not managing your support tickets!

Offline hellovn

Re: 7 days - still down. What is the secret to tech support?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 04:08:01 pm »
It may be because it is a holiday season. All companies will have limited support at this time.

Offline baxy_AU

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 09:45:01 pm »
I contacted support to assist in upgrading my Vera 3 firmware as suggested on the firmware upgrade page and because I didn't want a brick and guess what I got? Tech support told me to activate remote access, then said they initiated the upgrade but now I have An unresponsive Vera 3 and unresponsive support team .... FANTASTIC!

Offline Scoutmedic

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 09:18:58 am »
My Vera Edge was bricked after an update and tech support was quite helpful...once I finally got them on the phone. Spent an hour trying to recover the device with me through remote access and ended up replacing the unit.

You can email them for some things and they take a day or so to get back to you. But phone stalking was most successful for my problem.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 06:35:40 pm »
I always had good luck getting pretty quick help. I e-mailed this morning that LUUP is crashing and we exchanged e-mails a couple of times.  Not fixed but it has only been a day.
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 06:53:03 pm »
I've had tickets with no response for weeks.

A comment on their Facebook seems to prompt a response

Offline baxy_AU

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »
My Vera Edge was bricked after an update and tech support was quite helpful...once I finally got them on the phone. Spent an hour trying to recover the device with me through remote access and ended up replacing the unit.

You can email them for some things and they take a day or so to get back to you. But phone stalking was most successful for my problem.
That is a difficult and expensive option when you are half a world away