Author Topic: UI7 - sensor  (Read 769 times)

Offline Peren

• Sr. Newbie
UI7 - sensor
« on: January 01, 2017, 05:32:10 pm »
I am missing the possibility to show timestamp on sensors widgets. ex Temp
I would like to also set if a value is valid or not depending on how old the value is

Offline cozmokramer

• Sr. Newbie
Re: UI7 - sensor
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 05:38:02 pm »
Same here. I've been searching this forum for a solution several times the last couple of years, but for some obscure reason, Vera does not show last polled or last modified timestamp on datasources.  For me, that makes Vera unusable. If I cannot trust temperatures to be current values, what use are temperature sensors then?

Offline ember1205

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 10:28:58 pm »
Can either of you much more deeply elaborate on exactly what use case you are trying to address? I could take a guess at maybe part of what you're trying to do, but a more elaborate explanation of what you're looking for might yield you better guidance or ideas.

Offline tomtcom

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 07:29:34 pm »
Sounds like you certain variables of the device shown on the widget itself.

This can't be done easily without recoding the device files use by Vera to determine what to display.

If you use altui you could at least graph certain variables much like datamine does using the thinkspeak API I  altui.

Does that help?

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 07:40:50 pm »
if you use PLEG you can get the timestamp of the change of state from the device properties.

Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline cozmokramer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 03:59:35 am »
Can either of you much more deeply elaborate on exactly what use case you are trying to address? I could take a guess at maybe part of what you're trying to do, but a more elaborate explanation of what you're looking for might yield you better guidance or ideas.

One example: I have temperature sensors inside my fridge og freezer. If temperature rises above some given thresholds, I want to be notified because that means someone forgot to close the door, or power is lost. But for this to work I need to know that temperature readings is no older than x minutes. If readings get to old, I want to be notified.

When I get up in the morning and look at my dashboard to check outside temperatures - I want to know that what it reads is the current temperature outside (and not yesterdays last reading if sensor battery happened to die, or there could be other reasons for 433Mhz sensors not to be caught by Rfxcom). So I want next to the temperature some text in smaller fonts that says "last update at %date" .

Domoticz, Switchking and other HA-gateways provide this out of the box. Also, "lastchanged" on devices and sensors are available when creating scripts.

If lastupdate is available in the PLEG-plugin, that is good if the lastupdate value can be used in scripts. Still, I want the lastupdate value to be displayed on all sensors on tablets and mobile apps.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:44:19 am by cozmokramer »

Offline cozmokramer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 04:07:49 am »
Sounds like you certain variables of the device shown on the widget itself.

That is exactly what I want. It amazes me that it is not default - isn't everybody interested in that their temperature readings are current, and not maybe yesterdays readings?

Not only for people to get the correct idea of the current weather outside, but also for people controlling their heating systems is it kind of crucial that they do adjustments on updated values, and not out-of-date readings.....